PDA

View Full Version : 'Who' moderates PRIVATE messages here?

Envy Lawn Service
05-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm just trying to find out who I need to talk to in regards to this?

I have a message that just 'disappeared' that I need to figure out how to get delivered to someone who needs the information.

I mean, if we need to omit a sentence or two, hey lets do that so we can get the rest of the where it needs to go.

Sometimes I forget Private Messages here are not PRIVATE.

ProStreetCamaro
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM

I have a message that just 'disappeared' that I need to figure out how to get delivered to someone who needs the information.

I mean, if we need to omit a sentence or two, hey lets do that so we can get the rest of the where it needs to go.

Sometimes I forget Private Messages here are not PRIVATE.

You have got to be Fing kidding me? What a bunch of BS.

Envy Lawn Service
05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
You have got to be Fing kidding me? What a bunch of BS.

I got your message.

I sent one to someone else some time ago that never made it's destination and is gone from my sent folder.

I may have been in a "grey area" with a sentence or two.
But I would like to get the rest of the message to the other party.

It was pretty detailed.... (about lawn renovation).

jameson
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I may have been in a "grey area" with a sentence or two.

Since the powers-that-be still insist on calling them PRIVATE messages (SPM's - semi-public/private messages ?). . . there should be NO GREY AREAS, regardless the shade.

But whadda I know, eh?

fiveoboy01
05-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I've heard "hints" of this "rumor"....

Apparently it's not a rumor.

Complete BS.

lawnman_scott
05-14-2007, 08:53 PM
If you want to talk about a "grey area", then why not do it somewhere else? The pm's are free, the site is free....... Why is everyone always such a crybaby about this old old news. And if you wanted an awnser you would have put it in the announcements or questions area. But you wanted to hide it to be the big guy and "show them".

puppypaws
05-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Sometimes I forget Private Messages here are not PRIVATE.What is that word "CRF 500" uses, was it "Communism" or something like that, no maybe it was homeland security.

Sandgropher
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Actually i figure about 15% of PM s never reach they destination, although i have not had much trouble here , on related sites (mowing) thats been the case for me, they disapear into the black PM hole :laugh: all innocent chit chat, if you do not get a reply to something ask them if they got it, in a lot of cases you will find they didnt, just resend it, its no biggie :)

fiveoboy01
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
If you want to talk about a "grey area", then why not do it somewhere else? The pm's are free, the site is free....... Why is everyone always such a crybaby about this old old news. And if you wanted an awnser you would have put it in the announcements or questions area. But you wanted to hide it to be the big guy and "show them".

If the message is not publicly viewable by anyone, who cares what the content is.

They are called PRIVATE messages for a reason.

Conjures up images of "big brother"... I realize the site is free, and I'm all for moderating the PUBLIC part of the site, and controlling its content.

Is there that much of a power trip here that they feel the need to page through individuals' PMs?

You can bet on me never sending one ever again.

Envy Lawn Service
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM

I'm not trying to fire anything up...

I just want to know who does the "moderation" of the PM's so I can try to get this message where it needs to go.

They can take the grey area out for all I care.

It's a message I guess I typed up maybe 10 days ago.
High detail on a lawn renovation....

I'd hate to try to go back through all of that is all.

My "grey area" mistake was that I didn't use wrong words or anything.
I suggested some terms to enter into a google search to locate supporting info, rather than providing a direct link.

Sandgropher
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
I would say its gone into the black hole, i have lost a handful in the last few weeks on others sites, just how are you doing stuff etc, quiet often others have sent messages did you get my PM ? :confused:

As for who moderates PMs, its usually computerised looking for keywords etc, part of this is to stop recruiting for other sites and looking for threatning PMs directed at other folks,etc i guess once the computer locates something of interest the moderator at the time can look closer.

I would keep my PMs short in case they disapear into the black hole , then you can resend them :)

1MajorTom
05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, if you had a problem like this, you should have contacted one of us to let us know you were having an issue.
Instead, what the heck, "why not make it public and get everyone fired up", for absolutely falsely accusing us.
I can guarantee you a $50 bill, that NO private message was deleted. Deleting a pm about a lawn renovation? ya ok.
Have you EVER started a thread, went back to look for it, and it was NOT there? something happened when you hit the submit button and thread never appeared? Well that has happened to me before.
The only thing I can think of, you thought you sent the pm, but it never went thru. There was a glitch, a database error... I really don't know, but NO ONE went into your sent folder and removed it.
Believe it or not. From what I understand, a lot of people believed a lot of lies, and finally the sun shone thru and a lot of things were cleared up.
I suggest next time there ever is a problem like this, you ask, before you accuse.
A $50 bill will buy me a tank of gas for my car, I wouldn't bet $50 on this, if I wasn't absolutely certain no one touched your pm.
Take it easy,

DLCS
05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh here we go again, someone get a hanky. What do you crybabies talk about in pms that bother you so much if someone reads them? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sheshovel
05-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey envy at least you have private message privileges, I don't have any and for no reason at all. I have done nothing to deserve PM privileges to be taken away from me. I am a Platinum member who has broken no site rules whatsoever. Yet am unable to send or receive PM's.

DLCS
05-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey envy at least you have private message privileges, I don't have any and for no reason at all. I have done nothing to deserve PM privileges to be taken away from me. I am a Platinum member who has broken no site rules whatsoever. Yet am unable to send or receive PM's.

LOL.....You followers and believers crack me up.:laugh:

bahamamills
05-14-2007, 11:31 PM
#6 Today, 07:53 PM
lawnman_scott
LawnSite Gold Member Join Date: Jan 2001

Lets see with an open air antena TV is free, radio is free, my space is free, google is free, yahoo is free.... What was your point again :confused: oh you just want to read all of Envys thoughts...... real mature

Envy Lawn Service
05-15-2007, 01:26 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. First of all, if you had a problem like this, you should have contacted one of us to let us know you were having an issue.
Instead, what the heck, "why not make it public and get everyone fired up", for absolutely falsely accusing us.
I can guarantee you a $50 bill, that NO private message was deleted. Deleting a pm about a lawn renovation? ya ok.
Have you EVER started a thread, went back to look for it, and it was NOT there? something happened when you hit the submit button and thread never appeared? Well that has happened to me before.
The only thing I can think of, you thought you sent the pm, but it never went thru. There was a glitch, a database error... I really don't know, but NO ONE went into your sent folder and removed it.
Believe it or not. From what I understand, a lot of people believed a lot of lies, and finally the sun shone thru and a lot of things were cleared up.
I suggest next time there ever is a problem like this, you ask, before you accuse.
A $50 bill will buy me a tank of gas for my car, I wouldn't bet $50 on this, if I wasn't absolutely certain no one touched your pm.
Take it easy,

Look, like I said before, I wasn't trying to fire anyone up or start anything.

I just wanted to know 'who' moderates the PM's so I could get in touch with that person to get this sorted out. That's all. I was sure someone would know 'who'.

What I did was type up a long reply about a lawn renovation. I shortened it some by suggesting some google search keywords to get the person to other info of mine on one of the "other" sites instead of supplying a direct link, which I understood to be against the rules.

I've "lost" enough stuff here in the same manner that you have that I've learned to copy and past a copy of anything of any length into notepad. Then post, and make sure it posted or sent before closing notepad. And as an extra measure with PM's I leave my sent items a good while until I'm reasonably sure the reciever read it before deleting it. (I miss message tracking)

I guess I could have sat down and re-typed everything up by now in the time I wasted on this.

1MajorTom
05-15-2007, 01:45 AM
Ok, well sorry about you losing the message. Losing a message or post is frustrating, then add on if you think someone tampered with it, then I can see it making you more frustrated. i guess the only other thing is, could you go back even further into your sent folder and see if it is there? maybe you sent it a lot longer than you thought, and you aren't looking back far enough??? If not, then the only thing you can do is send it over again the same way you typed it last time, to the best of your recollection.

And now that you mentioned it, I hadn't realized "message tracking" was missing.
Maybe we can get it back.

Envy Lawn Service
05-15-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah, message tracking has been gone a while.

I used to use it and clean out my sent items folder of messages that were "read".

Lawnaholic
05-15-2007, 02:33 AM

She, BTW, what did happen to your PM priv's? Your helped me last October with a question I had on a color change. I had another question on another project that came my way and just a week or two ago, I tried to PM you and it didn't go thru. I even went to the old PM from last year and replied on that but it still didn't work. Anyway, part of the reason I PM'd you was to tell you thanks for the advice and that the tips/help you gave me worked beautifully. Maybe reply with an email and we can communicate that way for future advice. Thanks again...

Sandgropher
05-15-2007, 03:17 AM

Your PM privileges must have went into the black hole to :laugh:

Ask Jodi nicely and she might have a look around for them, after all she is here to help LS members ;) :)

lawnman_scott
05-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Lets see with an open air antena TV is free, radio is free, my space is free, google is free, yahoo is free.... What was your point again :confused: oh you just want to read all of Envys thoughts...... real matureNo they actually ramble a bit too much for me. Its just plainly obvious what the thread is about due to its subject and placement.

If it was me and I wanted to know I would just send the moderators a pm.

Dirty Water
05-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Ok, I'll admit it. I moderate all the PM's.

Mike Leary
05-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Does the phone company know why they're losing storage?

John Gamba
05-16-2007, 06:42 PM

jon whats a PM's:confused:

Man
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I moderate all the PM's.... LMAO I get that at home all the time!!

camden
06-04-2007, 04:34 AM
I bet if it was that long of a PM by the time you finished it you had timed out and were logged off the site, you hit submit and it was lost due to that fact. It happens often when people don't check remember me and type long messages and then are logged out while they are typing them. Just a thought. :)