PDA

View Full Version : Post office box?

eggy
08-12-2001, 10:54 PM
Do you guys have a PO or your home /shop address for billing and such...???? What I might be running into is moving about two times soon as I build from the current house to a apartment to the new place...I didnt want to confuse my commercial accounts with all the address changes...suggestions...PO box?

Sammy
08-13-2001, 12:20 AM
P.O. Box, works for me.:cool:

MJ
08-13-2001, 06:08 AM
Eggy, I actually have both - a residential address and P.O. Box. I was in your situation for about five years where I moved every year. In that situation, P.O. box worked well. Now, a residential address works better so people can "identify" with a local person. Some prefer a P.O. box so they can get their mail early or at a particular time every day. With a residential box, your mail will not always be there when you think it should.

poghead
08-13-2001, 08:03 PM
P O box for me. also all mileage too and from the post office is tax deductiable at 32.5 cents per.

Sammy
08-13-2001, 08:28 PM
I just hate the junk mail I get at the P.O. Box.
I get the same junk at home....:mad:

fivestarlawnken
08-22-2001, 11:53 PM
P.O. box for me

Island Lawn
08-23-2001, 10:28 AM
PO Box for me

As for the junk mail, do an internet search for "stop junk mail" and you will get a few pages of info.

Here's one

www.obviously.com/junkmail/

I'll be looking into this more.

junk mail is more than a pain, it's a waste.

:alien:

sunrise
08-23-2001, 02:57 PM
P.O. Box for me

08-25-2001, 12:53 PM
Looks like PO box is the way to go - that's what I use and it works for me too.

kutnkru
08-25-2001, 10:37 PM
I like to use a PO Box because this way you can seperate business/professional life from your personal life.

Im not saying that I have anything to hide, but I like to know that I dont have to worry about clients stopping by (its happened before). :rolleyes:

Everyone is entitled to drink a beer or three on your own front porch, but if clients know your address and they see you loafing it could put a bad vision in their mouth. Let alone that during the season most (I hire ours out) are too busy to maintain their own residences to thje standards we offer clients.

I think that it is just more professional and they wont have to worry about changing adresses as we build our lifestyles.

Just my .02
Kris

wallzwallz
08-27-2001, 06:23 PM
Go PO Box definetly, before i did i had these nut customers showing up whenever