PDA

View Full Version : z spray????????

31bro
05-14-2007, 10:50 PM
has anyone had a problem with the z spray stripping?? I did a lawn and it was strip every 8-10 feet, like it was just coming out of the right side. I notice this the next day and use the the control to adjust it, Hopefully this is the only call I get. How do I fix it, I have not had this problem before, I never had to use the adjuster before. And yes I have cleaned it out. Would it be possible I just had a chunk stuck in there? Please not smart azz comments!!

Tscape
05-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Make sure your mini prill adjustment handle (right next to the hopper open/close handle) is pulled all the way out. It obstructs the flow of normal sized granules and will cause striping.

GrazerZ
05-15-2007, 10:27 PM
This is not ment to be a smart comment but was the defector down without you realizing it. I have done that since the nut loosens over time. Other than that I havent had any problems. I have seen cheap ferts with very little slow release strip lawns epecially if you are pushing the limits of the overlaps.

31bro
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
no I did not have my deflector down. I pulled my prill adjustment out today and it seemed like it worked better. I checked some other properties and they were ok. I hopefully there is no other problems

Tscape
05-16-2007, 09:57 AM
If your prill adjustment was in, then you have corrected the problem. I locked mine out by stacking about 6 twist ties up the shaft.