PDA

View Full Version : Husqarna 125L trimmer...bummer

callagher
05-15-2007, 08:57 AM
My advice, don't waste your money on the 125L series. Either get the commerical units or just buy throw-aways.

Here is a copy of my submittal to the Better Business Bureau.

I purchased model #125L trimmer from Home Depot made by Husqvarna. It came with a string trimmer head. Husqvarna markets & sells this model with a "combi-guard" safety guard, so thw owner can operate the trimmer with a grass cutting blade. When I bought the 125L trimmer, the sales person also sold me a grass cutting blade, made by Husqvarna to be used on the model trimmer.

This season I wanted to mount the grass cutting blade for clearing an overgrown field off grass. I removed the string trimmer head, and tried to install the grass cutting blade. The grass cutting blade did not mount directly on to the trimmer.

I have contacted two local sales and service representatives, as well as the Husqvarna on-line consumer support service. Customer service question reference numbers #070423-000738 and 070501-000021. Both times the customer service representatives closed out my inquiry without any assistance. They have stated that Husqvarna intended to sell a "kit" for this unit to be able to be operated with a blade, but never released it for sale. One customer service representative went so far as to tell me over the phone that I selected the wrong configuration of trimmer to use a blade.

"Only curved shaft trimmers can have a blade mounted on them, yours is a straight shaft trimmer, and you can't mount a blade to a straight shaft trimmer"

Husqvarna offers the model I purchased (the 125L) and other model trimmers and brushcutters for sale. All the units they manufacture and sell with blades mounted on them are straight shafted models. I was informed by field sales represntatives to only purchase striaght shafted models for use with a blade. I was told that curved shafted trimmer with a blade mounted on it, would when in use...the drive shaft in a curved shafted trimmer would bind and break due to the torque of the blade stress.

I feel the customer service department of Husqvarna is intentionally misleading me, and if I followed thier advice, I could be seriously hurt...as well as others.

I also feel Husqvarna is misleading consumers with the advertising and marketing of the model 125L string trimer. The fact that the 125L is sold with the "combi-guard" for a string trimmer head, or for use with a grass cutting blade...and that Husqvarna in fact does not offer any parts to be able to mount a grass cutting blade to the 125L trimmer is fraudulent.

On Husqvarna's web-site, the page describing the 125L trimmer, spotlights the "combi-guard"...and has a picture with a 125L with a blade on it.

Husqvarna offers the 125L with a blade installed on it from the factory in the United Kingdom. Why can't they assist me in using this tool as advertised.

Here is thier rersponse.....Sad. :cry:

05/01/2007 web BBB Case Received by BBB
05/01/2007 SM BBB Case Reviewed by BBB
05/01/2007 Otto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
05/01/2007 Otto FAX Notify Business of Dispute
05/13/2007 WEB BBB RECEIVE BUSINESS RESPONSE : The current model 125L is a homeowner unit and is sold as a Trimmer not a Brushcutter. The company expects to offer a "J handle kit" in the future. It is currently not available. The shaft tube is a smaller diameter than larger models and there cannot be a universal kit. There currently is no J-handle available for that diameter tube. It would be unsafe to operate that trimmer with a blade in the absence of the extra stability the J-handle provides. Until a J-handle is made for the smaller tube, the kit will not be released. The older model 125's prior to 2005 were brushcutters. The current ones do not yet have a converison kit.
05/14/2007 SM EMAIL Forward Business response to Consumer
05/15/2007 WEB BBB BBB REVIEWS CONSUMER REBUTTAL TO BUSINESS RESPONSE : (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
The explanation does explain why Husqvarna has failed to meet what they are promising in thier advetising and at the point of sale. Husqvarna's web-site for North America still, as of the time I am writing this, shows the model 125L trimmer with the standard "combi-guard" that comes installed from the factory...with a grass cutting blade mounted on it!
The response from Husqvarna on May 13th 2007 does not address the fact that thay are falsly (still) advetising the capabilities of this tool, and have not offered any resolution.

mini14
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
sorry about your dilema, but thats all i buy now, huskys blow away any trimmers ive had in the past 20 years. always start on 1 pull...i havent even changed/cleaned the air filter on my 9 lb. 123l in 2 years.they have loads of torque. would only get 1 year outa echo pos's, went and bought 2 more this year. they also have the best antivib system.the only prob is the gas tank is way too small, have to refill it at least 5 times aday.

dbroken64
06-16-2007, 10:39 PM
sorry about your dilema, but thats all i buy now, huskys blow away any trimmers ive had in the past 20 years. always start on 1 pull...i havent even changed/cleaned the air filter on my 9 lb. 123l in 2 years.they have loads of torque. would only get 1 year outa echo pos's, went and bought 2 more this year. they also have the best antivib system.the only prob is the gas tank is way too small, have to refill it at least 5 times aday.

You are correct on the antivib system. I have a 125l for a backup trimmer and I would rather use it than the Redmax I have .The Redmax has always had alot more vibration. The Husky has always started and never has given me a lick of trouble. The Redmax has already been in the shop a couple of times and it is a lot newer than the Husky. Guess I should have bought another Husky. Guess you live and learn.

Jason Rose
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Sorry about your troubles man. I have 2 of the 323L models and love them. Iv'e never really had a use for a blade, but I assumed that the blade kits only fit the larger straight shaft models, not the 125L. Certianly would not have a blade on a curved shaft model!!! You need to remember that 9 times out of 10, when calling a large corperation like husqvarna, you are simply getting someone who answers the phones and knows NOTHING about anything.

lawnboy dan
06-17-2007, 09:37 AM
my husky 125 didnt last long either. love the 323

ralphie boy
06-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I to purchased a husky 125L at NORTHERN TOOL after approx.2hours use kept stalling out,was told by NORTHERN TOOL they have been getting returns because of defective coil they wanted to repair ,I wanted refund,after some debate I recieved my money back. Ialso recieved poor customer service from Husky.

Jason Rose
06-27-2007, 11:58 PM
I to purchased a husky 125L at NORTHERN TOOL after approx.2hours use kept stalling out,was told by NORTHERN TOOL they have been getting returns because of defective coil they wanted to repair ,I wanted refund,after some debate I recieved my money back. Ialso recieved poor customer service from Husky.

They must use the same coils in the 323L models. The one I bought this spring at TSC had the same problem. With them I simply took it to the store and told them of the problem and they had me grab a new one, no paperwork, no other questions. The replacement works fine. The whole time I was worried that it would have no warranty because I bought it at TSC. Man was I wrong :)

bare spot
06-28-2007, 01:58 AM
husky trimmer, no way., made first time dealer purchase from local echo, husky dealer, didn't run right, asked for some help week later and was ran out of store., no way, never again, dealer or trimmer. thanks for sharing that about coil troubles, wonder if that's reason (btw husky dealer ordered wrong extra spools and wouldn't exchange)

BAKERS
07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
First of all Husqvarna is not sold at Home Depot, 2nd if you would have bought at a dealer they would have told you that model is not intended for a blade.

Ketron'sLawnService
11-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Bought 2 Husky 125 straight shafts that are "factory reconditioned". So far they have been awesome! One had to have its carb adjusted, but other than that, it has been wonderful. Im replacing 13 Kawasaki's with price tags from $259 to $310, for $98.99 ebay special Husky 125's!! lol. Sounds insane, but Ive had the Kawi's worked on a tremendous amount. One repair bill alone was $125!! Why pay that when i can buy what i call a disposable model. The bump heads and pull cords on Kawi's are horrid!! The Husky 125's are not as powerful, and like mentioned before, have a fuel tank that leaves much to be desired, but overall for the LOW LOW price, Im planning on getting 15 of them this winter to replace my 3yr old Kawi's. Also have a Husky BZ6127D diesel model w/600hrs, and its been the best one in my fleet!!

eastendpeak
11-02-2010, 08:20 AM
The 125 is a good machine. 100 is a great price. As for the OP, return it to the store and get refund. When something this small can make a dent in your life just find a way to get rid of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

hdtvluvr
11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Why is a J handle safer? 1 hand still has to be on the throttle.

Is it so that the long side of the J will hit the operator before the blade at the end of the shaft maybe?

HOGBEAR
11-02-2010, 03:31 PM
First of all Husqvarna is not sold at Home Depot, 2nd if you would have bought at a dealer they would have told you that model is not intended for a blade.

In the home depot in savannah and south carolina they do, but I agree box stores are the wrong way to go, no knowledge and vary little help after the sale. I use mauryama and redmax and stihl no problems with mine.
Posted via Mobile Device

dboyd351
12-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Several Husky trimmers are getting EXCELLENT Reviews (223L, 323L, 326L), but their web customer support leaves something to be desired. I just got a deal on a Husky articulating hedge trimmer attachment (326HE4x) with no powerhead and was trying to find out what my options were for powering it. It took me 3 or 4 requests to get an answer from them and I'm pretty sure the answer they finally gave me is wrong. They recommended several split shaft models and the 326HE4x isn't a split shaft machine.

See the dialog below:

" Subject
I'm trying to find out which powerhead WILL work with the hedgetrimmer attachmen...

Discussion Thread
Response (Marion Armour) 12/01/2010 08:47 AM
It will fit the 327 LDX or 324 LDX or 128 LDX
Thanks for contacting Husqvarna
Customer 11/30/2010 02:34 PM
I'm trying to find out which powerhead WILL work with the hedgetrimmer attachment. Can you answer that?

Sorry it will not fit
Customer 11/30/2010 07:49 AM
This response did not answer my question. I'm asking which specific Husky powerheads will run the hedge trimmer attachment I have. Can you give me a specific answer?

Discussion Thread
Response (Marion Armour) 11/30/2010 07:11 AM
This will only fit Husqvarna units sold at Husqvarna dealers
Thanks for contacting Husqvarna
Customer (David Boyd) 11/23/2010 08:13 PM
I just bought a 326HE4 hedgetrimmer attachment without a powerhead: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110612216589&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Now I need a powerhead to power it. I was thinking of buying the 223L and using that powerhead to run the hedgetrimmer attachment. Will the 223L head attach to the hedge trimmer and power it without problems? If not, what powerhead do you reocmmend?
I'm planning to go to one of your local dealers to purchase it and have him make the swap. Then I figure I'd have a nice trimmer for a backup to my full time trimmer if I got the 223L.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. "