PDA

View Full Version : CFO Okay's Purchase

dbear
05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
As the title implies, I got the okay from the CFO to buy a new mower, and even more surprisingly, pretty much any mower I want.

Current mower is down waiting on a back-ordered part (something increasingly more likely to happen since it's a 15-20 year old 3-wheeler). Problem is the grass just won't stop growing. I presently maintain about 3 acres between two properties, mine and my MIL.

Right now, the clear front runner for feature, specs, dealer support, availability, price, trade-in value, and financing is a brand new DC LT2700-60. First question: Any reason not to buy this model?

Also, I'm seriously considering a Vortex collection system to assist in spring/fall clean-ups (lots of adult trees). Two more questions: Does the dump-from-seat hopper style fit the LT? Anyone have one to comment on performance?

Thanks...

lawnspecialties
05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Saw your lonely post and thought I'd chime in. I'm guessing the "DC" is a Dixie Chopper. There just don't seem to be many folks here on lawnsite that run them. They're fine machines, I'm sure, but just not too popular here on lawnsite.:)

capelawncare.com
05-19-2007, 09:52 AM
you must have been a very good boy! LOL

dbear
05-19-2007, 11:09 AM
you must have been a very good boy! LOL

LOL, well I try to be!

Just as an update, I bought the DC LT2700-60D. Picked it up yesterday and prompty hit the lawn as soon as I got her home. Wow, what a machine! Yeah I had to go slow in places, but it just kept gobbling up that grass.

My yard was a mess. I hadn't been able to mow it at all this season due the status of my old mower. Anybody wanna help me rake?

capelawncare.com
05-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Anybody wanna help me rake?

That sounds like a Texas deal: El Paso