PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat problems

pubairplanes
05-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Hey all,

I have a 9 year old (about) Bobcat XM Hydro walk-along mower. I purchased it two years ago off of a landscaper who took excellent care of it.

I've got two questions:

1. Recently the blades slow down extremely easily when I hit the slightest clump of grass. I'm assuming it's the belts that need tightening or something similar. Does anyone know which belts to tighten/replace?

2. How often should I change the hydro fluid?

Thanks a lot!

khouse
05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Change out all your belts. When they wear down they run on the inner part of the belt. The belts should pull on the outer surfaces. Post back.

pubairplanes
05-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok, just ordered some belts, should be here by Friday. I'll keep you posted on that.

Anyone know about how often to change the hydro fluid?

Thanks

mini14
05-15-2007, 09:13 PM
check pulluys for grooves also, id changem anyway.....if it doesnt have an electric clutch try tightening the belt tensioner first before replacing anything.

Darrin A.
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey all,

I have a 9 year old (about) Bobcat XM Hydro walk-along mower. I purchased it two years ago off of a landscaper who took excellent care of it.

I've got two questions:

1. Recently the blades slow down extremely easily when I hit the slightest clump of grass. I'm assuming it's the belts that need tightening or something similar. Does anyone know which belts to tighten/replace?

2. How often should I change the hydro fluid?

Thanks a lot!

This (#1) happened to me last weekend. I changed the belt from the motor to the deck and it's alot better. I didn't think I should tighten the tensioner first, that would have been done after changing the belt.

Sorry, can't help with #2, mine is a walk behind.

Restrorob
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Anyone know about how often to change the hydro fluid?

Different OEM's different times but 500 hrs. is most common.

pubairplanes
05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys...

I tightened the tensioner some and it helped a lot, thanks mini14!