PDA

View Full Version : Chance Stonewall harmed tree?

CRUZMISL
05-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi All,
I spread Stonewall 3 weeks ago and one of the trees on the property, a Dawn Redwood, has lots of dead leaves now. Other trees on the property include a Japanese Maple, Linden, Pear, Maple and a Blue Atlas cedar are all fine. Is this just coincidence or could the Stonewall have harmed the redwood?

Thanks,
Joe

CRUZMISL
05-16-2007, 11:13 PM
anyone have any thoughts??

sheshovel
05-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Is Stonewall a herbicide?

tremor
05-16-2007, 11:39 PM
I doubt it unless there was a major spill & all of the turf is also dead.

Original Barricade 4FL is labeled for use on containerized, field grown & landscape ornamentals including conifers in Christmas Tree farms.

http://www.cdms.net/LDat/ld5JC002.pdf

Are you saying that this Dawn Redwood didn't have leaves & now it does? If so, deciduous confiers do this normally.

CRUZMISL
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Yes stonewall is an herbicide.

The tree had started to leaf out but then the leaves on some of the branches on the top half of the tree turned brown. Could have been some cold weather that hit it but seems strange. I didn't think it would do it either but wanted to check. I have applied Dimension before to this property with no ill effects so it must be coincidence.

RigglePLC
05-17-2007, 08:04 AM
If injury only occured in top half of tree--that would suggest an injury or fungus canker just below the brown area. Insect borers perhaps. If you need help call Bartlett Tree Service.