PDA

View Full Version : Customer gifts revisited

GrazerZ
05-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Brought this up a while ago and recieved some mixed reviews.
I would like to know what all of you out there think about giving your customers gifts as a thank you for using your services. I do it all the thime and find that it is about one of the cheapest ways to get referals and loyalty. I dropped of a $20 starbucks card to the receptionist at a local landscape company this morning. She was very happy and gave me a hug (mother type no remarks please). I recieve many lawn application customers through this company. It was my way of saying thanx.
So what do you think?

indyturf
05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I think its a great idea! and its the best and the cheapest form of advertising. people will always respond to someone they trust referring your services a thousand times better than traditional advertising.

Shades of Green LService
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
What about Christmas cards? I've done that in the past.

ECS
05-16-2007, 12:50 AM
We are picking up some nice cut flowers tomorrow for a customer's return with a welcome back note attacthed. We have also done some gifts baskets for the customers return.

vegomatic40
05-16-2007, 09:39 AM
I always give out a coffee cup and a decent rain-guage. Both have the company logo and phone number printed on. Helps generate sales as well and very cheap.

americanlawn
05-17-2007, 09:14 PM
We have over 3000 customers, so price is an issue. For 38 cents each, we include a 3x5 inch stick-on calander with every renewal form we send out every January 1st. Better than pens, etc, and we get many requests for additional calanders, cuz they can be placed on computer monitors, on refrigeraters, in cars, etc. We even had a customer who asked if we could ship 50 calanders to his winter home in Florida so he could give them to his friends. These calanders are also helpful for our employees so they write down the correct date on our invoices. Ours are black with gold print (Ioiwa Hawkeye colors).

greentree
05-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I attended a Bayer sponsored meeting where Marty Grunder suggested giving watermelons to customers the week before the 4th of July. He said each melon costs about $5 and he placed a personal thank you card on each. His customers now expect one every year.

A great idea and unique and I am considering this same tactic this July.

GrazerZ
05-20-2007, 12:17 AM
Glad to see others are doing this as well. I do stuff like this all the time. We have a $100 k customer that gets a basket of premiuym golf balls ent up to the executives as well. whats $75 for a good customer like that. Its better to retain than to have to look for new in my book.
on the flip side I've gotten gifts from my customers as well. Bottles of wine when my last son was born, a slighly used snow blower, gift cards. It works both was.