PDA

View Full Version : Want to get Certified in Georgia.

Zaro T Man
05-15-2007, 09:26 PM
I am looking for information on getting Certified for applying chemicals to lawns here in Georgia, I live up in Northwest Georgia (Dalton Area) in case that makes a difference. I want to do this not only to be legal but I think it will give me a wider spread of things I can do to make my business grow.

Anyone from Georgia on here that might be able to point me in the direction of where to go to get materials I need to study and such?

Thanks.

GTP
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Go to your local county extension office. They should have some training materials and they will give you the address for obtaining the study manuals. They should also provide you with a list of test sites/dates. You will have to take two exams. One is general knowledge and is pretty simple. The other will be specific for ornamental & turf. This one is a lot tougher and will require a good bit of studying.

Zaro T Man
05-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks GTP, I stumbled into the info a couple of days after posting this. Personally I think Georgia is crazy in they way they do things. If I understand everything correctly you have to become a certified applicator to spray the chemicals but you can't charge for it, in order to charge you also have to have a contractors card.. Humm.. Oh well. I will be ordering my study material tomorrow to go along with a 5.5 hour video the guy at the ext. office gave me to help. I have also been checking into prices for me insurance as well.