PDA

View Full Version : 10-6-4 50% Org.

Shades of Green LService
05-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Has anyone ever used this product or something similar? I've used it on a couple houses. Should be a good summer App. as well.

Runner
05-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't have much use for it here.

RAlmaroad
05-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Has anyone ever used this product or something similar? I've used it on a couple houses. Should be a good summer App. as well.

What did it do for the house and What did you put on the lawns? You yankees sure do some strange stuff.

Shades of Green LService
05-16-2007, 07:46 PM
What did it do for the house and What did you put on the lawns? You yankees sure do some strange stuff.

;) :rolleyes:

americanlawn
05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Is it "natural organic" or synthetic organic?

Keep in mind that "natural organics":
Reqiure more product per 1000 square feet.
Smell bad.
Contain contaminents often harmful to humans & wildlife.

Pertsonally, I prefer products that are designed to be used around mammals (humans, pets, and wildlife).

My oppinion only.

upidstay
05-17-2007, 01:34 PM
That's alot of Phosphorous. Sounds more like a starter fert to me. Not sure why you'd need that much P in a summer fert.

The Ranger
05-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Not enough N to do any greening

tremor
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Lebanon used to market this analysis under their "Greenskeeper" line. Years ago 50% of the N was derived from Urea Formaldehyde. A quick look at today's version indicates there is 2.3% Slow N from Methylene Urea.

http://www.lebturf.com/pdfs/L2129765.pdf

I've seen a 10-6-4 somewhere recently that was 50% bio-solids too but can't remember who made it.

A bag of 20-10-10 would cover twice the area at much lower cost. Why pay good money for filler?

timturf
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Lebanon used to market this analysis under their "Greenskeeper" line. Years ago 50% of the N was derived from Urea Formaldehyde. A quick look at today's version indicates there is 2.3% Slow N from Methylene Urea.

I've seen a 10-6-4 somewhere recently that was 50% bio-solids too but can't remember who made it.

A bag of 20-10-10 would cover twice the area at much lower cost. Why pay good money for filler?

Actually the label states 3% is water insolube nitrogen and 2.3% is other water soluble nitrogen...being slowly available nitrogen from methylene urea

Shades of Green LService
05-17-2007, 10:13 PM

Like Timturf said it is 3 % WIN. I think this would be a good gentle Fert for the Dog days of summer and also a good way to introduce bio solids to the soil. Also a 1/2 a pound or less of N is where i want to be in the summer . I'll probably stick w/ what i've been doing, which is 20-10-10 50% slow, Probably my favorite blend.

tremor
05-18-2007, 06:41 AM
It also says "2.3% Slowly Available Nitrogen from Methylene Ureas." which is very strange considering the 3% WIN claim elsewhere on the label.

100% straight Methylene Urea is typically 70% WIN so something isn't adding up. If 50% of the N is derived from MU (5% of the weight) then this SHOULD yield 3.5% WIN or 35% slowly available N from MU.

I'll call my Lebanon rep today & ask him to decipher this very unusual label. Perhaps the quantity of slow N was lowered over cost concerns as the words "50% organic" no longer appear on the label anyway.

Either way I don't think this is the product SOG was talking about. Or is it?

timturf
05-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Like Timturf said it is 3 % WIN. I think this would be a good gentle Fert for the Dog days of summer and also a good way to introduce bio solids to the soil. Also a 1/2 a pound or less of N is where i want to be in the summer . I'll probably stick w/ what i've been doing, which is 20-10-10 50% slow, Probably my favorite blend.

Great Marketing Tool Label states 50% organic! Very misleading!

No bio solids, or any true organic in this fert!!!

Label states 50% organic, that's using the chemist definition of organic, anything containing a carbon, and methylene urea contains carbon!

Too bad this product contains mop instead of sop, and not enough fe for stress!

timturf
05-18-2007, 08:35 AM
It also says "2.3% Slowly Available Nitrogen from Methylene Ureas." which is very strange considering the 3% WIN claim elsewhere on the label.
100% straight Methylene Urea is typically 70% WIN so something isn't adding up. If 50% of the N is derived from MU (5% of the weight) then this SHOULD yield 3.5% WIN or 35% slowly available N from MU.

I'll call my Lebanon rep today & ask him to decipher this very unusual label. Perhaps the quantity of slow N was lowered over cost concerns as the words "50% organic" no longer appear on the label anyway.

Either way I don't think this is the product SOG was talking about. Or is it?

You see alot of the organic fert state a win on label, but also state water soluble organic nitrogen, always wonder how this n release and the time frame for all of it to release. refering to water soluble organic nitrogen