PDA

View Full Version : Toro Proline 30190 problem

Bdubs
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey all, new to the forum here.
I purchased a Toro Proline 30190 18hp Briggs w/ a trac vac system last season, and had no problems with it. I had just been using it once a week for my own yard, and previous to that the original owner ran it daily for quite a few summers with no problems.
So, the thing is, I changed the oil and filter in it, and when I went to turn the engine over, there was nothing. just a little click, it wouldn't crank, fire, anything. I know its not the battery, and it was running perfect up until I changed the oil in it and then it just completely stopped working. I've checked everything, and nothing seems to come unplugged or look out of place.
Any input on this problem? Thanks guys.

Bdubs
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Not sure what is up, I'm going to bring it to the shop, it needs a tune up anyways.

Bill Kapaun
05-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Clean all your battery cable connections.
If that doesn't work, using a heavy jumper cable, jump the 2 BIG terminals on the starter solenoid. If the engine cranks, the solenoid is bad.
Report back what happens.

Is that the Kohler Magnum twin engine?
It always helps to know which engine it is when dealing with engine problems.

Bdubs
05-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I have tried that, and the engine does crank, so I guess its the solenoid. Must just be coincidence that it happened right after I changed the oil.

Correction, it is the Kohler Twin, not a Briggs as I stated.