PDA

View Full Version : Do you get a better application with a hose?

GreenHor7
05-16-2007, 05:03 PM
As far as spraying clover do you get better results with a hose versus a low volume sprayer like a perma-green? It seems that clover is very tough to get rid of. Especially low volume weed control.

indyturf
05-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I have got good results from both, it really depends on the rate your spraying the type of weed control your using.
I had a neighbor last year that the lawn was almost solid clover, I sprayed it with my PG Magnum using triplet spiked with a few oz of Confront (I had a gallon of the old label) and it took out all the clover and other weeds and had very few weeds this spring.

americanlawn
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I know INDY has it down pat. I also lnow that smaller droplets + ester herbicides knock it out completely. Spraying the common Trimec out of a lawn gun usually does not kill it all. Triclopir is deadly on clover. "Chaser" herbicide from UAP or "Speedzone" will nail clover. If you spray out of a lawn gun (ChemLawn or Tee-Jet), make sure to move the spray gun back & forth quickly to insure complete coverage. Backpack sprayers work even better. PG units with good coverage do it too. Bottom line: complete coverage with a potent herbicide >> preferably esters.