PDA

View Full Version : Snide remarks-how do you respond here?

americanlawn
05-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Every once in a while on this site, I experience a "criticism/challenge" in response to what I have typed.

I try to be totally objective and truthful , but once in awhile somebody has to point their gun at me (and YOU on this site). Fortunately, I have been able to offer facts to back up my posts (I hope, LOL), but there are a few members with a chip on their shoulder who merely criticize and never offer good advice or correct my posts with logical explanations.

This site is a very very nice one -- lots of good folks too. Probably even friends. Heck --- I may have pissed off members here cuz I was defensive - (very sorry if I did) but every-time we worked things out without being banned, and we ended up respecting eachother's points of view. God bless you.

I hope you all read this cuz I respect all who offer help. Those who are here to criticize without backup, .........Hillary needs your vote. My oppinion only, American

Tscape
05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Opinion has only one "P".

Michael J. Donovan
05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
hey americanlawn, nice post...and most do move on and do not let it bother them...if it would ever become a problem or a post is inappropriate, please do click the "Report a Post" button and let us know

Thanks,
Mike

americanlawn
05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks Michael -- you guys RULE! , as this site is good as it gets on the web.

Tscape is another example regarding "help or hurt". Sorry if I misspelled anything Tscape ...just trying to get the point acrossed as I usually don't use spell check. Maybe you can file a complaint with the webmaster??? regarding misspellings?? See what I mean? Duh! Go for it Tscape. I hope you have an "objective"??

Harley-D
05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Knowledge is the key here i think. If you can hit someone with precise knowledge about a subject, they can't argue with you. I've always known that and just recently got my trap shut by someone with very good info.
(Thanks TurfPro) Any sarcasm and little shots should be taken with a grain of salt. If it was more serious i believe a mod would step in.

On another note: I've never been able to find this report a post button? Where is it? It's not on anywhere on my screen.

Michael J. Donovan
05-18-2007, 10:24 AM
On another note: I've never been able to find this report a post button? Where is it? It's not on anywhere on my screen.

On the right hand side of a post you will see a triangle, outlined in red with an exclamation point...that is the "Report a Post" button

Harley-D
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Opened my eyes and found it. Thanks!

Tscape
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Tscape is another example regarding "help or hurt". Sorry if I misspelled anything Tscape ...just trying to get the point acrossed as I usually don't use spell check. Maybe you can file a complaint with the webmaster??? regarding misspellings?? See what I mean? Duh! Go for it Tscape. I hope you have an "objective"??

I was kidding, dude.

americanlawn
05-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry about the last post Tscape...I know you were just kidding, and I was out of line. Only 3 hours of sleep & I was too cranky

lawnservice
05-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Every once in a while on this site, I experience a "criticism/challenge" in response to what I have typed.

And...there you have it. Sometimes we mis-interpet. We read words that someone else types but we read them with our own emotions (which in many cases is nowhere near the emotions of the writer of the words)

and then there are some who like a 'debate' (argument) ...they can be fun, they can help keep us sharp/on our toes

and then a few are just very immature

but most are genuine...i think?

bntt68
05-18-2007, 07:29 PM
And...there you have it. Sometimes we mis-interpet. We read words that someone else types but we read them with our own emotions (which in many cases is nowhere near the emotions of the writer of the words)

and then there are some who like a 'debate' (argument) ...they can be fun, they can help keep us sharp/on our toes

and then a few are just very immature

but most are genuine...i think?

Very well put!!!

americanlawn
05-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree. Right now it's pretty intense -- long hours & plenty of stress. I love this site and I enjoy the posts. Thanks Michael, Tscape, Harley-D, and lawnservice. for being good guys on this site.

JB1
05-18-2007, 07:59 PM
you just let the remarks roll off of you, if you can't deal with what some yahoo types on here how you gonna deal with customers.

americanlawn
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
JB1 - I find it easier to ***** at somebody if I'm not talking to him face to face. LOL LOL You know that when a customer calls in and "raises hell", they tend to overexagerate. When you go out to his home, shake his hand, apologize, then say everything will be alright, he becomes friendly again. I guess that's human nature. I try to put myself in his place. Saturdays are good for customer relations.

Good point JB1. I will try to "think before I type". It's a difficult challenge for me, but it's a challenge I plan to overcome. Lot's of good people on this site who work very hard for a living. Last thing they need is someone else bitching at 'em when they get on their computer. Regards, americanlawn

upidstay
05-19-2007, 12:33 PM
The petty sniping on this site has always bothered me. I have been called an idiot, moron, told I don't know what I'm talking about, etc. I posted something on "being nice" a few years ago, and people jumped all over me. Now, I may not be a genius, but I am smarter than the average bear and have picked up a few tricks along the way. Some may disagree with what I have to say, but that is their prerogative. If I'm wrong about something, show me my error. That is how we learn. My kindergarten teacher liked the old adage ( I graduate next month. Mom's so happy!!) that says "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing."
Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. This is America. Just try and keep it clean, not personal, and make sure you can back it up with facts or personal experience.

Ric
05-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Girls

This is the Net. The 6th Graders have always beat up on the third graders for their milk money. The new guy on the job always has to prove himself. Telling the teacher doesn't help it only makes you a tattletale.

Just because your Gonads drop and your voice changes, doesn't make you a man.

boats47
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Come on do we not have something better to discuss then who hurt whose feelings? It is like being in room with a bunch of chics, Hey…did this form change to Opra's "curse those darn cockadudie bullies"? If you have not learned by now, to not entertain the doosh-bags, then grab a seat at your local elementary school for a day or two. One last thought “Sticky Side Down” Ladies. Sorry it must the military coming out in me….

americanlawn
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I salute all of you for "making my day", giving advise and support.
One here does not do this. His intitials are Ric.