PDA

View Full Version : ferris problem ????

blackburn Co.
05-17-2007, 09:58 PM
i got a ferris 3000 hydro with a 61"deck i was mowing and i went up a hill and the stupid thing shut off on me and now it wont start any one kno what the problem might be i believe its electrical but i couldnt find it ?????

kevin85
05-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I just had a similar problem. My problem was the tube that sucks the gas out of the tank(located inside the tank) had dried out and broken off inside the tank. When I switched to the other tank, it started back up. It took me a while to figure it out but I ended up having to repair both tubes in both tanks because the other one was dry-rotting too. Now they work like champs.

JoshC
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
My 4000 did that a few times when I first got it. It was bought used so it may have been junk in the carb. Whatever the problem was, it went away by itself. Haven't had any problems with it in the past year or so.

I'm thinking that since it was running and then shut off going uphill it may be fuel delivery related. Check and make sure there isn't any junk in the fuel filter and carb.

barnard
05-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Check for spark. No spark= electrical. Could be anywhere from the key to the coil. Have spark- then hit it with ether. If it hits its a fuel problem.

Budget
05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Kevin85,

I think my Ferris 52" has the same problem! Last night i was at 1/4 tank and the thing was acting like it runnig out gas. I had to make a B-line to truck before it shut down. I told myself that the pick line had a hole in it, but it was 7pm. and was going to check it.

khouse
05-18-2007, 09:32 AM
It won't start or it won't crank? Two very different problems...

blackburn Co.
05-18-2007, 02:42 PM
thanks for all the advice guys but i took it to the repair shop today and it took the guy 15 minutes and figured out that the ignition was completely corrodid and it just happened to crap out on me at that very moment. cost me 25 bucks and i was quite lucky i would say