PDA

View Full Version : plant growth regulators

tweezerbeak
05-18-2007, 05:47 AM
anyone use atrimmec?????or anything else on turf under fences.....not a herbicide cause i cant kill it but if i could slow it ..it would be great thanks

MILSINC
05-18-2007, 08:06 AM
I have used that product to slow down where i don't want to trim all the time.. works ok.

bug-guy
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
if you are near a lesco try regimax(similar to primo max) i know a guy who puts a little in the paint when he lines the field for football and soccer

turf hokie
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
if you are near a lesco try regimax(similar to primo max) i know a guy who puts a little in the paint when he lines the field for football and soccer

Good finding a lesco that has it in stock.

mdlwn1
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Spill a little too much treflan...oops I didnt say that...just kidding

mowerdave
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
This is the first year for using Atrimmec. Got it from Lesco. Satisfied so far but I am using it on shrubs, we will see how it works.

Stillwater
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
This is the first year for using Atrimmec. Got it from Lesco. Satisfied so far but I am using it on shrubs, we will see how it works.

that is the last thing I want on my customers shrubs

upidstay
06-27-2007, 01:13 PM
that is the last thing I want on my customers shrubs

Why not? Good product.

Primo is another good one, Regi-Max, if you can find it, is supposed to be good. Cutless G for shrubs.

Stillwater
06-27-2007, 04:19 PM
why not? becouse I am a landscape contractor who is paid a tidy sum for trimming. Now if I was a grounds care super trying to reduce maint. cost then I would use the products.

mowerdave
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Spray it on early and charge for it. Trim just a little later and charge for it again all while using less labor.

Stillwater
06-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Thats shooting myself in the foot I actively look for ways to increase my labor/business.... not curtail it.

DuraCutter
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Thats shooting myself in the foot I actively look for ways to increase my labor/business.... not curtail it.

Exactly...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That would be like a restaurant owner sponsoring a stomach stapling surgeon...:nono: ;)

Let things grow, that's how we all make money.

:)

Stillwater
08-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Exactly...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That would be like a restaurant owner sponsoring a stomach stapling surgeon...:nono: ;)

Let things grow, that's how we all make money.

:)

Or the owner of the only gas station in town who makes ends meet by selling electric powered cars.

MILSINC
08-11-2007, 02:58 AM
We all ??? Some of us make more money by proper planning and contracting, thus using products like PGRs. Get a clue.

Stillwater
08-11-2007, 04:22 AM
Those products are marketed towards grounds supers and in house landscape maintenance crews who operate on fixed budgets and are directed to, or have incentive to reduce the cost of maintenance. To me and to understand my position it has nothing to do with planning or contracting. My planning does not include reducing my invoicing for hedge and barrier maintenance. Proper planning and contracting are not always but mostly 1 time deals. For me the scope of ongoing maintenance and the need for it far outweighs the planning and contracting and the application of a growth limiter that was initially done in a effort to reduce the need for my maintenance crew. My business plan calls for maximizing labor profit. for businesses that do not have that mandate and generate income some other way this may be the product they are looking for. Neither one of us is wrong our business are just wired differently.

BlakeReeder
08-16-2007, 10:14 PM
:weightlifter: I think these products are great. I have a landscape company and we use them to cut down our labor on our maintenance contracts. It sure gets expensive trying to keep up with all the new growth. You might try it. You get paid for it wether you do it or not. no growth = no labor = more profit. :hammerhead:

Stillwater
08-17-2007, 12:56 AM
:weightlifter: I think these products are great. I have a landscape company and we use them to cut down our labor on our maintenance contracts. It sure gets expensive trying to keep up with all the new growth. You might try it. You get paid for it wether you do it or not. no growth = no labor = more profit. :hammerhead:

I have open ticket service agreements so that would not work for me, we are wired differently, If I operated like you I would most definitely use it. That actually goes without saying. I have been doing this for a very long time. I do not want to be married to a fixed income by a fixed price maintenance contract. I stopped doing that about 10 or more years ago, I use open ticket service agreements. meaning 1 customers invoicing can be 7,000 one month or 10,000 the next month, But never going below a fixed point. It is paid regardless. If a customer is savvy enough to request the growth limiter I would provide it without delay. I do not have to chase more contracts in order to generate more income. My open service agreements are just as binding as a contract. Some find this confusing but it really is not. So please stop hammering my head with your icon