PDA

View Full Version : Power raking pricing-aka harley rake

GrazerZ
05-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I will be picking up mine this coming week. its a 6' landpride unit. I wanted to know how this type of work is normally priced. It seems that sq ft pricing could be very risky with this. I did a search without much help. I was thinking that
$60.00hr for the tractor and rake and $40.00hr for the operator. $100.00 total with a $150.00 minimum. It still seems too low for this service to me though. Any thoughts?

wurkn with amish
05-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm not trying to be a smart arse--- but, don't you think you should of known prices before you bought one?

GrazerZ
05-19-2007, 09:09 PM
you weren't trying but it worked out that way.

DiyDave
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Been getting $120.00/Msf minimum for Asv rc-30 + harley rake. Or $150.00 minimum + $75.00/hr for the Asv+$75.00/hr for the harley rake

Ramairfreak98ss
05-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm not trying to be a smart arse--- but, don't you think you should of known prices before you bought one?

lol yeah especially for that investment! but $100 is way too low..

What are you using a 72" box blade on? BTW.. you could haul ARSE with that thing on the front of a big skid steer.. in an hour you could probably do a couple acres at least... for $100? common

Id be in the range in jersey of $250+ per hour or more.. Id probably price out a job for $1000 and yet it may only take 3hrs with the machine or less.. I get $100 per hour for my little a$$ tractor work let alone something on a skid steer that costs 4x more.

GrazerZ
05-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanx guys thats more like it. I just was'nt sure what the going rates would be. there are not alot of guys doing this kind of work around here yet. We do alot of fert and spray work for local landscapers and would like to expand our abilitys to service there needs for turf renovations. Many of them will just re loam and seed lawns that are in rough shape intead of power raking.
Another question for you.
When is it a good time time to use the rake other than the obvious breaking up hardend soil?
Will they take a thinning area and make a very nice seed bed? one guy told me that they will sometimes roll up and make a mess if there is too much existing grass down already.
thoughts please.

start2finish
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
the power rakes is not a good tool for very hard ground, it is a residue remover and finisher. It is a very useful tool we own one and use it on 99% of our seeding as well as prep for sod work.