PDA

View Full Version : cleaning out

JOES ASPHALT
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Just wondering if any ideas about cleaning out spray unit. I have a mj taylor 300 gallon trailer it has a 25 gallon was out tank. Should I clean daily? or weekly? or at the end of the season with water? I have too many enviromentalists around and live next to a creek. Also think I would waste a lot of coal tar before it gets to start pumping water. I would appreciate any info!!

EWS
05-20-2007, 12:30 PM
just keep it agitated and you wont have to clean it out till the end of the season. Also it doesnt matter if you live next to enviormentalists, since coal ta, ae, is not regulated by DEC and isnt a hazardous material. that doesnt mean to pump it into the creek but if you get a little on the ground while cleaning you are ok. I usually flush my systems out at the end of the season with some antifreeze and water. Im a little confused at your comment about you will waste a lot of coal tar before you start pumping out water..... what is that supposed to mean.. Check your owners manual it will have all the info about flushing your system and lines out also...

JOES ASPHALT
05-20-2007, 12:47 PM
If I shut the material valve off there is still material in the line, pump, etc. that will come out before the water will start coming through. with a big pump and a 100-150 foot of hose, that could be as much as 5 or so gallons. Im thinking that if I dump directly in top of the tank until start seeing water, and just let the "dirty water" go on the ground. But what your saying only makes sense for what is in the tank itself. you cannot agitate inside lines and pump and also can't guaruntee that it will dot dry inside them. Also I bought used and have no manual. Thanks for the response

EWS
05-21-2007, 11:41 AM
you should have reverse suction where all the fluid will will be able to be sucked back into the tank. however you could just use 2 5 gallon buckets to get the sealer out and than fill it with some water and clean it out. your unit is really clean for being used.

JOES ASPHALT
05-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks but thats the dealer picture. I do not have pics yet but mine is almost just as clean

ssupercoolss
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
you really shouldnt have to flush your equipment at all during the season. use a good additive. it will help to keep the sand in suspension. and dont be dumping coal tar where it doesnt belong. if someone seems to think coal tar isnt regulated by the dep, he should go to their office and dump some out on the ground in front of them. they will show you the new meaning of anal probe.

EWS
05-22-2007, 04:04 PM
I didnt say go dump 25 gallons in your DEC/DEP parking lot... thats vandalism. but if you spill a little around your own house, your own property no one can do anything. It it was hazmat you wouldnt be allowed to spray the stuff on the ground where it can run into the sewer system and the groundwater. it is a unregulated chemical.....