PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Herbicides after Mowing.

Shades of Green LService
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
I know most lable's says not to mow 2 days before or after an application, but i really needed to get caught up, so i sprayed a few lawns after mowing them ( I usually don't do this). The only noticeable effects of this was the tips of the grass were slightly white. Went away a week later. My question is, Has anyone had any major problems as a result of doing this?

turf hokie
05-19-2007, 09:14 PM
No problems at all. I had site last year that ALL work had to be done on a Saturday. So the mow company cut in the morning and I applied in the afternoon. I actually found that on weeds like clover we got better control.

turf hokie
05-19-2007, 09:15 PM
By the way -- Stupid Mets -- Cant wait for the Yankees to actually play like they look on paper.

indyturf
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I think in some cases you would get better weed control. just don't cut the grass too short especially if there are lots of weeds!

Shades of Green LService
05-19-2007, 11:00 PM
By the way -- Stupid Mets -- Cant wait for the Yankees to actually play like they look on paper.

What.... OVER PAID?:laugh:
28 Mill. for a 45 yr old pitcher who on a good day might give you 6 innings. If he actually makes it back this year.

Shades of Green LService
05-19-2007, 11:01 PM
I think in some cases you would get better weed control. just don't cut the grass too short especially if there are lots of weeds!

All my houses are cut at Low of 3" and average of 3.5". Good to hear that no one has had problems.:)

Jason Rose
05-20-2007, 12:35 AM
For what it's worth... A few weeks ago I did some spraying on some properties that I just mowed that day. I got 100% control on some BAD patches of clover there. Same tank of chemical, different property, same day, hadn't been mowed in a week. I soaked the crap out of the clover and now have to re-treat because it only about 60% died out. Seems like tall weeds are harder to control because the lower leaves are covered by the upper ones. Looks like the best bet is to be on the short side to get good control.

boats47
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
I have not had any problems as well with spraying close to cut or right after. We have four separate lawn crews and to try and coordinate fert-n-squirt and them cutting, well it proves to be challenging. They do know to wait two days if they see my signs.
You guys need to step away and call it a year Boston is going to have such lead on all of you. I understand they are going end the season early and head to islands until the WS. Turf Hokie your boys are done, do you want to tell me how many games you are behind..... I will wait.... LOL

boats47
05-20-2007, 08:03 AM
of course I just ginxed us now...LOL

Shades of Green LService
05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
of course I just ginxed us now...LOL

The start of another Curse!:rolleyes: