PDA

View Full Version : Landscape software: Before and after pics!!! Lets see what you can do.

instyle
05-21-2007, 12:24 PM
I am seriously considering buying a program like pro landscape. But before I shell out the money, I would like to see what it is capable of.
Can you show us some of you old creations you have done with a software program?
I am most interested in image editing?

Thanks a lot.

AGLA
05-22-2007, 06:36 AM
How about before pics, design pics, and built pics?

There are a ton of design websites out there that offer this service. Almost none of them ever show a picture of the built work. Many times you'll see things that look perfectly right in the design photo, but then when you look at the original photo you see that it can't possibly work (most often grade changes, but also misrepresentation of space). I see a lot of people fool themselves as well as the client with these softwares.

instyle
05-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Nobody has any? I thought people used these type of programs. Someone has to have some somewhere.

instyle
06-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I am not looking for ideas by any means....just looking to see what the program is capable of.

I though more people used thgese programs.

PaperCutter
06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
have you done a search? I've seen quite a bit posted on these forums... it doesn't look like anyone's biting here.

prizeprop
06-01-2007, 05:56 PM
When I do a computer design, I make sure the customer is aware that its just a general design and plants can change upon availability.Usually the high dollar plants or a desired plant requested doesnt change unless run by the customer first.The customer is also made aware that if they want to hire a designer for big bucks and give me the plan thats fine too.Ill try to post a small job I just did.

prizeprop
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
This a design I just did and hasnt been installed yet, as you can see it needs more plants than shown and thats just the general foundation design which will be fitted with filler plants as we see fit at time of install.The customer is made aware of this.

instyle
06-05-2007, 10:03 PM
What programs were you guys using?

oak1787
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
This a design I just did and hasnt been installed yet, as you can see it needs more plants than shown and thats just the general foundation design which will be fitted with filler plants as we see fit at time of install.The customer is made aware of this.

I like this one god job.....what program are you useing for that one?

prizeprop
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Designware from Design Imaging group.

pls8xx
06-06-2007, 07:31 PM
If all you want to do is edit photos and do some graphics, save big money and get a copy of Ulead's PhotoImpact. Older versions are sold on ebay for under $25. Anything from version5 up will do you.

I'm not in the landscape biz, so I don't have any finished jobs to show, but...

The large conifers in the left and right windows below are fake, added to the original.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/GardenPicture016edit.jpg?t=1181168670

In a forum discusion on the problem of a high finish floor, a site plan and house elevation were given. I downloaded the files.Here I am adding a concept.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/form1.gif?t=1181170987

Next the elevation graphics are warped and rearanged to give a perspective view.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/perspective2.jpg

Cut, paste, fill, and paint operations complete the graphic.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/plan9.jpg

The following is a 10 minute cut and paste concept graphic.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/pls8xx/mpreston90.jpg?t=1181168336

AztlanLC
06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I also was looking at landscape pro but I just could not justify the price, then someone recommend this program to me http://www.ideaspectrum.com/
It works wonders for only $100 you can also do the photo rendering but the real nice feature is the 2d 3d design you get measurement, material list, elevation, you can import materials and plants from other programs and pictures, and so much more, you can take snapshot from any angle or even create a movie with ponds flowing water, fire pits with fire, lights on and many more things.
I can't say enough about this program.

oak1787
06-08-2007, 06:57 AM
AZTLANLC nice do you have any work you have done on it. maybe like before and after pic we can see ? thanks

AztlanLC
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Not at the moment that is my second design using that program and work is schedule for august.

oak1787
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
so u can take pic of a house put on the software and remove plant and put plants where u want them on the pic then print right?

Strawbridge Lawn
06-08-2007, 05:31 PM
How long did it take you to do this with that software?

AztlanLC
06-09-2007, 10:04 AM
The package has 3 program, one you can do the whole plan like a cad program with dimensions and all and look it in 3d with a click of a button, the second you import any picture and then design on it, the plants are from hi-res pictures.
The third is like photoshop where you can change the colors on plants and materials so if for example you can't find a particular plan you can design your own.
For the whole design which is not included in the picture I uploaded it took me about 4hrs. but mostly because I'm still learning the program, I also had to find the way to design the circle kit and import unilock patters, and work with gradings, but I'm sure I can accomplish that in half the time now.
To create steps is so easy just click where you want them and then just add how many riser you want, thread dimension, materials to use and so on.
I don't think you can find a better program out there for this price.
They also have a feature to import sketchup models which are free, it doesn't work on vista but they have reply to every single e-mail I have send them and feel very confident they going to resolve that issue soon.
The nice thing about this models is that most of them are 3d, so when you create your movie they also have movement depending on the amount of wind you set, also there is the option to choose the time of the day so if you have lights they show up at night, which by the way you can also set the wattage for each light fixture you use and direction for spot lights.
I'm not in any way related to this company it's just that I program like this is so hard to find, I like when my customers talk about my company so I'm very happy with this product and feel that many in this forum will be too.

abloom
06-09-2007, 05:00 PM
This program looks great, however it must be lacking something in comparison to the more expensive programs. Regardless, I think I'll be ordering it. I'm also finding it hard to justify ordering one of the more expensive programs. Anyone know what this is lacking comparatively?

STRINGALATION
06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
This program looks great, however it must be lacking something in comparison to the more expensive programs. Regardless, I think I'll be ordering it. I'm also finding it hard to justify ordering one of the more expensive programs. Anyone know what this is lacking comparatively?
if you can afford the top of the line i would get it i started with total 3d landscapes and i was happy saw what draffix does and was sad the i got master landscape pro and felt a lot better but quality does show on that high end. its the pixels that are amazing look at the grass on everyones pics the says a lot to me besides i would have to do a coplete overhaul on my pc to run the great programs

AztlanLC
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Here are some updated pics, the bottom retaining wall was done the previous season by someone else which customer fired (long story). and we had to work with existing steps.
Picture 1 yes we don't use concrete sand and I have mentioned that in other posts this method works best for us with real good results.
Also as you can see we did some changes to the final job.

TXNSLighting
08-22-2007, 08:36 AM
well now that looks pretty nice.

tinye
08-22-2007, 09:10 AM
prolandscape-took about 30 minutes to input once the concept was done on paper first

tinye
08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
here's the pic

Humble Earth Mover
08-22-2007, 01:29 PM
tinye - did you get the job? I think your design is a nice concept. Where's the height though? I would kick the left side out wider and throw in a deciduous tree (redbud, zelcova, etc.) and a taller conifer (blue atlas fastigiata, hollywood juniper, etc.) on the right mid way down. I just started using PL, so no before and afters yet. Should have one shortly.

tinye
08-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Started on this one today. You can go to drop down and activate a prompts your 3d to what it will look like in 3 years,5 years, 10 years. The patio overlooks a pool area that you can't see in this picture ,they want to retain for a while. There are 3 hinoki cypress, one of them variegated that are installed at 12" ht that will add some height. Wanted to create a dry creek bed theme in this area with existing rocks, boulders that were left behind after the hardscape was done. Good luck. Paid this software off in just 3 design jobs.