PDA

View Full Version : Skin reaction RE fungicides/insecticides

americanlawn
05-21-2007, 07:39 PM
For the past four years or so, I have experienced redness/blistering on parts of my hands during the season when I use Banner or Compass fungicides, as well as Scimitar & Crosscheck insecticides.

Two years ago, I went to a dermatologist, and he prescribed Clobetasol Propionate USP, 0.05%. I use this cream periodically, and it "contains" the problem during the growing season. My symtoms go away during the winter, but symptoms always return the following spring.

I wear spray gloves, but I only clean them thoroughly every two weeks or so.

I know this is an allergy that my other employees do not seem to have a problem with ??? It seems to be only me.

Bottom line: Anybody having these skin allergies? Thanks.

turfsolutions
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Try using blue Nitrile Gloves. (like surgeons gloves) A box of 100 cost around $12.00. I go through a box every 2 rounds. Maybe that will help.

RigglePLC
05-21-2007, 09:57 PM
You are using unlined gloves-right? Try throwing them in the washer with your spray clothes--keep 6 pair on hand so you can have clean gloves every day.

americanlawn
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi RigglePLC.....good idea. I'm gunna try it. (looks like I mistakenly posted this one twice - oops).

Grassworks Inc.
05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I have an employee who has a reaction problem with Forbid miticide, otherwise no problems.