PDA

View Full Version : Scag or Hustler or Great Dane

spymaxx
05-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I mow small jobs. Looking to get something in the 48" to 52" range. Great Dane Surfer for $4800, new. Or Hustler Fast Trak52 $??, new. Or Scag Tiger Club 48" for $4800, used, 116 hours on it. Which would you go with? Acreage is approx. .5 to 3.

Thanks, Bruce

spymaxx
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Did I ask this in the wrong way of the wrong place?

Military Lawns
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Not really...with mowers if you read through this site you will see that it is really preference and the support you get from your local dealer. Me, I run all Toro's because they have been relatively good to me and I have a dealer within walking distance of my house. They will pick up an dealer certain equipment free of charge.

The mowers that you are speaking of, unfortunately I have no experience. However keep surfing these threats and you will find both positive and negative feedback. I will leave you with this, watch how dealers deal with customers and flat out go up to some of the customers and inquire about sales, service, etc.

Happy Mowing My Friend,

MLL:usflag:

howardsells2000
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I mow small jobs. Looking to get something in the 48" to 52" range. Great Dane Surfer for $4800, new. Or Hustler Fast Trak52 $??, new. Or Scag Tiger Club 48" for $4800, used, 116 hours on it. Which would you go with? Acreage is approx. .5 to 3.

Thanks, Bruce

As long as you buy a commercial grade mower you should be fine. Everyone has their favorite brand and no one can agree on which is best. You need to decide which mower will work best for you. Another important thing to consider is which dealer you buy from will give you the best support. When you have a break down you will need a dealer that is going to get you back up and running as soon as possible. I'm considering buying a new 52" compact Great Dane Surfer. It seems like a nice mower for the money but it looks like your getting a better price than me. My dealer has them priced at $4995.00. I hope this helps and good luck.