PDA

View Full Version : Strategy

MeadowsLawnCare
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok guys i finally got all my equip, my website, flyers, business cards, business phone, all my supplies to take with me, software to do invoices and estimates and keep track of accounts, and extra help. Now is just need some more accounts to pay for it all :). My plan is to run an add in the classifieds. Also when i drive around i can't help but notice tons of overgrown lawns, so im going to stick a flyer in the door and on some put a basic trim, edge, mow, blow estimate right with the flyer (I can print that from my truck) Any other ideas on how to capture new customers or do you think this will work?

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

Grits
05-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Classifieds did not work for me. But it might for you. Postcards and doorhangers work the best for me.
The overgrown lawn idea is good, it has worked for me as well.
How do you print a flyer from your truck?

MeadowsLawnCare
05-22-2007, 05:39 PM
How do you print a flyer from your truck?

I have my printer hooked up in the back seat with a power inverter (hooks a regular outlet up to a 12v) then i put my laptop in the middle console up front (truck has a spot to store laptop) then all i do is every morning i plug my laptop into the usb cord and im ready to print. I can do invoices, estimates. flyers, business cards whatever i want right fromt he truck :) Saves a little bit of time.

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

bohiaa
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
sounds like you have it all covered....

like red cape said. not every tyoe of advertising will work for all areas....

dont be afraid to just walk in to a business and ask..... belive me you will learn a lot doing this....

Cutman007
05-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Ok guys i finally got all my equip, my website, flyers, business cards, business phone, all my supplies to take with me, software to do invoices and estimates and keep track of accounts, and extra help. Now is just need some more accounts to pay for it all :). My plan is to run an add in the classifieds. Also when i drive around i can't help but notice tons of overgrown lawns, so im going to stick a flyer in the door and on some put a basic trim, edge, mow, blow estimate right with the flyer (I can print that from my truck) Any other ideas on how to capture new customers or do you think this will work?

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

Most of the over grown lawns I try to get are people that are to cheap or are renters responsable for the lawn care. But keep at it and you will pick up accounts. I don't waste money on newspapers anymore. I have a website now and getting calls and emails about 10 times a week. Picked up 5 houses from one call.
Good Luck!

MeadowsLawnCare
05-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I have a website now and getting calls and emails about 10 times a week. Picked up 5 houses from one call.
Good Luck!

How did u get so many hits off your website? I have it on my business cards and flyers already.

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

Grits
05-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I have my printer hooked up in the back seat with a power inverter (hooks a regular outlet up to a 12v) then i put my laptop in the middle console up front (truck has a spot to store laptop) then all i do is every morning i plug my laptop into the usb cord and im ready to print. I can do invoices, estimates. flyers, business cards whatever i want right fromt he truck :) Saves a little bit of time.

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

Great idea! I will have to implement this.

Cutman007
05-23-2007, 11:54 PM
How did u get so many hits off your website? I have it on my business cards and flyers already.

Thanks,
Andy Meadows

google ad words, I pay 10 cents a hit with a one hundred dollar a month limit.
it's also important what key words you use when people are looking for a lawn service in your area.

Cutman007
05-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Andy, this is info for adwords.
https://adwords.google.com/select/Login

MeadowsLawnCare
05-24-2007, 03:36 AM

Awsome idea, always appreciate the help!

Thanks again,
Andy Meadows

MJStrain
05-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Most of the over grown lawns I try to get are people that are to cheap or are renters responsable for the lawn care. But keep at it and you will pick up accounts. I don't waste money on newspapers anymore. I have a website now and getting calls and emails about 10 times a week. Picked up 5 houses from one call.
Good Luck!

How do you get traffic to your website?

sancho_man_orlando
05-29-2007, 03:38 PM

Are you using the basic key words?

Lawn
lawn care
lawn service
landscape
landscaping

I used to market another business through adwords and noticed I could cheaply capture leads by being in the #1 position by also adding mispelled words to the campaign.

Cutman007
05-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Are you using the basic key words?

Lawn
lawn care
lawn service
landscape
landscaping

I used to market another business through adwords and noticed I could cheaply capture leads by being in the #1 position by also adding mispelled words to the campaign.
My wife set it up. I know she used all the ways you listed and others like hedges, trimming, mowing etc. But there is a way to list all the towns in your area. I think that's the reason I get so many hits. So when someone searches for Lawn (whatever) and puts the name of the town in the search I pop up on the first page. The .10 a hit helps too.

Cutman007
05-29-2007, 05:07 PM
How do you get traffic to your website?

At fisrt I payed a "webmaster" $1,500 to build me a website. Now my wife takes care of it. We use https://adwords.google.com/select/Login

ADMIREDLAWNS
05-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I will be trying the adwords soon. great advice.

deereequipment
06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I continually get hits off my website.
I advertized in the local classifieds, online only, for 3 months at a time.
Forget the paper.

Mailings to commercial accounts haven't worked for me.
I am about to try a massive mailings to residentials for leaf cleanups this fall.
We'll see.