PDA

View Full Version : Knocking on doors

green-pa
05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Was wondering if u guys ever just knock on doors of people's yards u see that obviously are over due for a cut. In case perhaps their mower broke or they are sick.

bohiaa
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
U bet ya....... Dont never be afraid to ask for a job

PaperCutter
05-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Just be decent about it. I let my yard go three weeks without mowing (hey, I was making money elsewhere) and a 13 year-old kid knocks on the door. Says "hey mister, do you need your grass cut?" When I said no, it's under control, he looks around at the seedheads waving in the breeze and says "You sure about that?" Punk.

deere615
05-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I have never knocked on doors and flyers never work for me it os always word of mouth but I know a guy that would go and talk to homeowners when he saw them cutting their grass and he did get some lawns like that

violatorjf
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I would just leave a doorhanger instead of knocking. There's something about knocking on my door that really bothers me. Maybe because usually when it happens they look like a hillbilly carrying around an ELECTRIC power washer in a Fisher Price wagon. :rolleyes:

sancho_man_orlando
05-23-2007, 09:32 PM
I handled a client of mine today in a neighborhood where I want more customers...

When I finished I walked and knocked on 3 doors ALL within 5 houses of my client. Left a flyer/estimate with each of them. 1 had a 12 or 13 year old girl answer the door and when I asked if her mom or dad was home she gave me this look like she wanted to hurt me before saying "that's none of your business a-hole" and literally slammed the door and locked it quickly.

I was shocked but left the estiamte anyways.