PDA

View Full Version : Follow up to last tire question....

mcwlandscaping
05-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Will 275 sized tires fit on my 1997 k2500? I am not doing any suspension mods to my truck.....i have not yet cranked the torsion bars either. Thanks in advance!

-mike-

Sydenstricker Landscaping
05-24-2007, 06:45 AM
Why only 275's??? I thought you were going with the BFG Allterrain 285's?? They have the 285's in load range E. Ohh and dont crank your t bars more than 2 turns. I cranked mine on my 94 sierra 2500, only to have to do 800 dollars of front end work three months later.

mcwlandscaping
05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Figured since i NEED a new trailer and some other things, as well as wanting to buy a d-max in about a year, i can't be decking this truck out anymore than it already it as it's just going to be a crew truck once i get the new one. The BFGoodrich tires are going to be approx. $1000 for the four, i got a connection on these cooper made tires that i can get a HUGE discount on, great all terrain type tires, good for plowing. My helpers dad is hooking me up with them for around $450 for the four mounted and balanced for the 275's, I just want to make sure they will fit. Oh and btw, these tires are E rated :)

ide really prefer not to crank the T-bars, so if the 275's won't fit, then i'll be doing the 265's

05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
If you dont wanna crank the t-bars, then stick with 265's. I have those currently and they fit just fine and no rub at all with the plow on in the winter. 1000 for the BFG's, wow!!! Sounds like you are getting the hose. But you cant beat 450 bucks mounted and balanced with a stick.

FearThisDeere
05-25-2007, 10:21 AM
it's just going to be a crew truck once i get the new one.

That is going to be one cool crew truck! Sorry I can't help out with the tires.

mcwlandscaping
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Well guys, i went with the 265's and a cooper knock off brand.....made by them just with a different label, and got them half off. They are going to be put on my new rims tomorrow! pics to follow of course

05-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Wish I could get my tires half off, lucky SOB. :) Congrats and good luck with the tires and wheels, and your other goodies!!!!:waving:

RedMax Man
05-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey Mike can you get me a good deal on E rated BF Goodrich and or the other brands that make the same all-terrain tires? I gotta get a whole new set on my truck. just though i'de ask. looking forward to seeing the new rims and tires. A guy i know down the street has the same rims and tires on his Chevy 2500, looks sweet.

mcwlandscaping
05-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Mike can you get me a good deal on E rated BF Goodrich and or the other brands that make the same all-terrain tires? I gotta get a whole new set on my truck. just though i'de ask. looking forward to seeing the new rims and tires. A guy i know down the street has the same rims and tires on his Chevy 2500, looks sweet.
lol, no i cant it was a thing through someone else through the guy at the tire place........I'll post pics up when i get a chance probably tomorrow since like usual i waited till the last minute on a school project and after work, i'm haulin' a** on that :) They look REALLY good though