PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Quick 36 Super Fox?

green-pa
05-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Was looking at these as they are something I may get into. Would rather have the Kawasaki 16hp engine but they are $600 more and I'd really be stretching it to finance anything anyway. Just wondering if the Fox is truly commercial grade and quick!

TAZ
05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I have it but I also have the larger tires and caster struts on mine. The 13hp works well for me. If your mulching more than you should you can work it pretty hard going full tilt but side discharging or bagging you'll be file with the 13hp.

-TAZ

shade tree landscaping
05-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I have a base Quick 36, with all the extras, (step saver, mulch plate, striper ect.) and I love it! Its not the most powerful by any means, but I have not had any lawn that has given me any trouble with the 13hp Briggs. Very easy to maintain, and keep up on. My only advice, and draw back to me, is that you buy the Quick 44, its only 8inches more, but that 8inches will save you alot of time! Any other questions regaurding it feel free to PM me

green-pa
05-25-2007, 04:38 AM
I have a base Quick 36, with all the extras, (step saver, mulch plate, striper ect.) and I love it! Its not the most powerful by any means, but I have not had any lawn that has given me any trouble with the 13hp Briggs. Very easy to maintain, and keep up on. My only advice, and draw back to me, is that you buy the Quick 44, its only 8inches more, but that 8inches will save you alot of time! Any other questions regaurding it feel free to PM me

Sounds good. However how do u get service on it if the people are in North Carolina and I u are in another state? Do they just send the parts to a dealer in Indy ( or wherever u live )? It reports that the quick 36 can do an acre in like 45-60 minutes ( depending upon how many obstacles there are), is this acurate, if not, how long does it take u to do an acre, or 1/2, or 1/4 acre?

TAZ
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I have yet to use the service other than ordering spare parts for the machine. The deal here with BOP is that almost every small engine shop services briggs so if you had an engine problem you can't fix any shop can help you out. What's left is the drive system that is a closed system, you have the deck and spindles which you can get over night and swap yourself pretty easily and then you have the belts that are standard gates # that you should be able to find locally.

I guess my point being that the difference with bop is are you willing to do some basic repairs yourself to expidite them or not. I have heard of Gary being willing to work with local dealers to repair a unit but you should ask him that question.

As for time to cut certain acreages it's hard to put a number on them because allot depends on how many obsticles are in your way and the terrain.

-TAZ

green-pa
05-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I have yet to use the service other than ordering spare parts for the machine. The deal here with BOP is that almost every small engine shop services briggs so if you had an engine problem you can't fix any shop can help you out. What's left is the drive system that is a closed system, you have the deck and spindles which you can get over night and swap yourself pretty easily and then you have the belts that are standard gates # that you should be able to find locally.

I guess my point being that the difference with bop is are you willing to do some basic repairs yourself to expidite them or not. I have heard of Gary being willing to work with local dealers to repair a unit but you should ask him that question.

As for time to cut certain acreages it's hard to put a number on them because allot depends on how many obsticles are in your way and the terrain.

-TAZ

Yeah, well I'm willing to do basic repairs ( as long as I can understand what I'm supposed to do ) I wouldn't want to mess things up. And I have little to no mechanical knowledge, but I'm willing to learn. I'm good with audio/video, and computers, so maybe I could figure it out.
So are u saying Quicks are easier to repair than most other 36's?

And as far as speed; BOP states that with ( some obstacles ) it will cut an acre in approx 58m, ( lots of obstacles ) in 87m, or mostly straight lines, in only 44m! This is for the 36. I just wanted to know. It sounds fabulous to be seeing as how I only have a 21 now.

TAZ
05-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Yeah, well I'm willing to do basic repairs ( as long as I can understand what I'm supposed to do ) I wouldn't want to mess things up. And I have little to no mechanical knowledge, but I'm willing to learn. I'm good with audio/video, and computers, so maybe I could figure it out.
So are u saying Quicks are easier to repair than most other 36's?

And as far as speed; BOP states that with ( some obstacles ) it will cut an acre in approx 58m, ( lots of obstacles ) in 87m, or mostly straight lines, in only 44m! This is for the 36. I just wanted to know. It sounds fabulous to be seeing as how I only have a 21 now.

Well since I am not a mechanic by trade I can't say that they are less complex than others. I was just trying to illustrate that what can go wrong outside the engine should be very easy to fix. Especially with assistance from better. :)

If you're moving up from a 21 the difference would be night and day in terms of speed and efficiency.

-TAZ