PDA

View Full Version : New Snapper 21 inch questions

Bill M
05-24-2007, 01:17 AM
I purchased a new 7 hp 21 Snapper self proprelled WB, it does not seem to have the vacuum that it should. It throws grass out from under the deck to the side and to the rear, then the grass will burn on the muffler/ muffler guard. It does have the high vac blade on it, the blade is also installed correctly.....not upside down. Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?, could it be a faulty blade?.

DCE
05-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Have you talked about this with the dealer you bought it from?

Bill M
05-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Yes I have, they have never heard of the problem and will not look at it.

DCE
05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes I have, they have never heard of the problem and will not look at it.

They won't look at it? I suggest you find another dealer to do business with, first. I would not do business with any dealer who refuses to look at a problem with a new mower I just bought from them.

What model Snapper is it exactly? Is it one of the Hi-Vac models?

Bill M
05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes it is a Hi-Vac model.

DCE
05-24-2007, 06:25 PM
If you have the side discharge chute for it, have you tried mowing without collecting the clippings to see if it does the same thing? I used to have a Snapper Hi-Vac push a long time ago and it gave a really good quality of cut without blow-out from under the deck. Only complaint that I had with it was if you mow through tall, wet grass, the adapter that fits on the deck to route the grass to the bag would plug up completely, forcing me to stop and manually clear it out.

Without actually seeing your mower, it's kind of difficult to pinpoint where the problem is originating. I presume you have verified that there isn't anything obstructing the airflow underneath the deck?

Bill M
05-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Well I went to the dealer that I purchased the lawn mower from to ask a few questions and to purchase the grass bag that has the slider, instead of the door. They said its common for the Snappers to discharge some grass from the left side, my choice is by a new aftermarket blade with the bolt on air lifts(do these work?) or lower the rear of the mower one notch compared to the front. Never tried the side discharge chute because I don't have one. I checked for obstructions, none could be seen. Thank you for the suggestions.

DCE
05-24-2007, 09:34 PM
You're welcome :) Let us know how it works out. I've never heard of any Snapper Hi-Vac that does what you describe, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Bolt on airfoils?? Who makes a blade like that? Never heard of these. All the blades I've seen have the airfoils that are formed as a part of the blade itself.