PDA

View Full Version : Concrete cost?

clyde
05-24-2007, 12:55 PM
I have a customer i have been taken care of her landscaping for a yr now and since i have recently started a little construction biz she wants to know if i can bust up and discard a part of her old drive way thats cracked up really bad and pour a new one the dimensions are 12'wide by 22' long on a gentle slope coming off the street. I estimated it at 3.25 cubic yards of concrete.

DOES ANYONE KNOW what the Labor cost whould be? How much should i charge for something like this .. after the old is taken out forms put in place and wire and then new concrete poured?

skidster32
05-24-2007, 07:24 PM
i charge $1.50 per sq foot, machine rental, and gas are all factord into the cost, then again i dont usually take on jobs under 500 sq foot so i dont factor in any labor costs. but if its just skid steer work, like dirt work or somthing i charge $65.00 an hour.

clyde
05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
i figured we would take the old drive out and then do a little dirt work and then lay the sadles down and wire then pour.

I don't have to have a concrete vibrator?

How long will it need to sit?

NNJLandman
05-25-2007, 09:51 AM
sell her on a nice paver design

D Felix
05-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm far from a concrete guy, but I've never seen flat work vibrated before. I've only ever heard of it once (from my uncle, about a job they did many years ago), and when it was vibed, it all went down into the pea gravel and they ended up using nearly twice as much concrete....

Can you finish concrete and make it look good? If you can't (since you are asking about vib'ing, I wonder how much you've done...), tell her you can't do it and move on.

BBL
05-26-2007, 04:34 PM
$3000-$4500 depending on thickness, finishes(broom, trowel, acid stain, stamped, colored etc), and the type of mix being used.

A vibrator can be used, you'd want vibratory truss screed, but that's more for industrial flatwork and not needed, and I agree turn down that job if you can't finish it. It will just make you look bad and you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

mverick
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
$3000-$4500 depending on thickness, finishes(broom, trowel, acid stain, stamped, colored etc), and the type of mix being used.

A vibrator can be used, you'd want vibratory truss screed, but that's more for industrial flatwork and not needed, and I agree turn down that job if you can't finish it. It will just make you look bad and you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

I use a vibrator on an extension around the forms to make sure the concrete is solid there. Vibration screed on the total width.

If you can't finish it. Screed it and stamp it with a pattern. Lot's easier then a finish. But, about $1500 upcharge.:dancing: Oh, you do need to float it first.

You're price is right in there.

Think the Screed cost $1800 and the Extension cost $1000. Rentable but don't know the rent price. Not needed either but I like them a lot. Harder concrete and easier on the back.

BBL
05-26-2007, 05:27 PM
I tend to just use a 2x4 and a extra hand for a slab of this size. They are great and get the job done fast, but not worth the extra cost for small jobs IMO.