PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance choosing new blade

BSnyder
05-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I posted this in the homeowner section but there isn't much activity there.

I inherited an old Snapper Hi-Vac mower (from around 1985). Everything but the blade is in fairly good shape. I measured it and its about 20.5" long.
Is there a specific type of blade I should replace this one with? I couldn't find any info on Snapper's website.
Thanks.

carcrz
05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
check out the sponsor's links on the side. You should be able to get a new blade from there. Measure at an angle from tip to tip to get the correct length.

BSnyder
05-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Is there a specific type of blade I should replace this one with? I couldn't find any info on Snapper's website.

carcrz
05-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Probably some type of a high-lift since you said it is a collection mower. Is the blade wavy or straight? That'll tell you which kind to get. High lift or mulching.

BSnyder
05-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Its a Snapper Hi-Vac with no option for side discharge or mulching.
Given that, I assume there is only one type of blade it would use.

I don't know if the blade that is currently on the mower is the correct type of blade or not.
I don't know if a wavy blade is used for high lift or mulching.
I don't know if a straight blade is used for high lift or mulching.

carcrz
05-25-2007, 12:16 PM
wavy is mulching. straight w/ foils on each end is a lift-type blade. I'm guessing you need mulching blades (wavy ones). I did a google search for Snapper mower blades & came up w/ the same options you could use on any mower. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you always bag, you will want to mulch so as to keep the clippings as compact as possible. If you discharge & the grass is growing fast, you will want to use a lift blade.

EMJ
05-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I use only gator blades love em.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
05-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I would think they have only one blade option.