PDA

View Full Version : check this price

bobcatnj
05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
i bidding job a came up with this price. it seems high to me, i need some opinions.edge 640 ft of beds, bed clean out (weeding/ about 200 sqft of ovy), trimming shrubs (maybe 4hours), pruning up 10 trees, remove 25 ft blue spruce and install a new blue spruce, install 6 dwarf boxwoods to a new bid, and 15 yards black mulch. im figuring 2 days 3 guys. i came up with 4611.00 plus tax. what do you think?

PatriotLandscape
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
how much are you paying for trees/?

topsites
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Have you ever removed Ivy before?

Translation: L O L

But other than that, isn't $400 / day / first guy + 300 / day / 2nd+ guy enough?
So, 1,000 / day labor, times 2 = 2000.
16 cy's of mulch @ $20 / cy = 320
The tree? idk, guess $150...
The boxwoods? Geez you goin' to the greenhouse? $10 each tops from HD, $60 + $60 delivery (mulch included in this = 120

Idk, seems like a 3k job to me, but then you also gotta figure the tree guy, that's extra, what's a climb, $300 automatic?
Maybe you're about right, idk.

forestfireguy
05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Are planning any machine time/ rental? What are you doing with the tree to be removed, this is especially important if you have to limb it out and drag a long distance, not as critical if you are bringing in a machine or can get a chipper close. Can you get a small tiller into the beds? If so you'll save hours by spraying them the day before and tilling the weeds under, then mulching on top afterwards. It would also improve the beds for your plantings and anything already in there. Can you get the truck close tothe beds or is there miles of wheelbarrowing? If it is a large property and access is limited I'd say stick to your number. If it's easy access you might be a little high, at least for my market. I have a miserable job starting up next week. Clear heavy weeds and overgrown Rhodis from a 850 square foot area. Its gonna suck! After removal we will plant and mulch the area, fill in some RR tie steps with pea gravel and call it done for around 10K. I'll have 3 guys for 2 days and 2 guys for 2 days.

bobcatnj
05-24-2007, 10:14 PM
the tree isnt that bad as i sounds. i was goin to cut some limbs the drop it and put it in the dump trailer. i was goin to have the guys dig the stump out, the trunk isnt to big. i was planning on renting a bed edge 100 a day to speed it up. i can get the blue spruce for 165.00 6-7 ft. as for the boxwoods it going between a walk and a fence so i dont want them to get to big.

bobcatnj
05-24-2007, 10:28 PM
the ivy i was going to rip out and put weed fabric over the top. you cant sprsy it because there are shrubs surrounding it

bishoplandscape
05-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow good luck getting that one we could do it for half and still make a killing but i've never seen the site so good luck to you!

capetan
05-26-2007, 11:41 AM
i think you will get under bid

Stillwater
06-05-2007, 05:00 AM
My 2 cents, the ivy is going to take longer than you think if you intend on doing a good job, weed fabric is ******ed I never use it and I curse anyone who does. Becouse the ivy is going to take you longer I suggest you grape hoe the Ivy and round up the bed. I don't want to sound like a prick but Becouse of commonsense, awareness and precautions I am going to forget you said "can't spray because of shrubs". I ran my labor rate with your numbers and we were not that far apart.
You know I read a quote on lawnsite awhile ago it said if you don't feel bad about the bill you are not chargeing enough. anyway their are ways to talk to the customer to smooth over sticker shock to seal the deal, DO NOT forget to mark up the trees and shrubs by 100% (if you can) so you can guarentee them for a year a good sell point and if they die you have the funds to buy new ones.

EJD Lawnpride
06-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I agree $3k. It's not that big of a job. If you charge 3k,you'll still make decent change.