PDA

View Full Version : Dollar weed kill

Grass Kickin
05-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I have a lawn that has some dollar weeds. I'd like to kill them off without damaging the existing St. Augustine grass. Any suggestionis aprreciated. I saw a spray called Ortho Pro Max in a yellow container that looked good in the commercial on TV. This is for my own lawn. Thanks.

RAlmaroad
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Image for Nutgrass (Look at the label) from Lowes--$20, hook bottle to hose and use on about 7K of lawn; bottle says 8K but I used it a little more--cover it well Used it last year on my lawn--worked great but you won't see any results for about 2 weeks other than a little yellowing--don't worry- it recovers. You will need to do a second application in about 6 weeks. And the good thing is this year there are only a few stray one here and there. I gave them a shot from a little that I put in the hand sprayer. Ortho, and Weed-B-Gone are pure nothing--You probably could drink them and they would do much more than give you a stomach ache--don't do it though--Many people have been ripped off by them.

Good Luck
Roy

dave k
05-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Atrizine works best, you can get it at Lesco and probably some good landscape/Nursery type businesses.

Nathan Robinson
05-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Samual Adams looks good in the commercial but have you ever tasted that ****? Tru-Green and 1-800-lawncare look good in there commercials but have you seen there lawns?

RYNOss
05-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Atrizine will take it out quick, you can get a basic weed and feed with that in it. just make sure you only use it on your own lawn. Just having it on your truck will get you in a heap of trouble if your not lisc. for it.

teeca
05-31-2007, 05:13 PM
i kinda like Samual Adams. but too rich for my PBR budget...lol:drinkup:

Superbrock
05-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Commercial property- Lontrel
Residential-Manor and Quicksilver

Ric
05-31-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a lawn that has some dollar weeds. I'd like to kill them off without damaging the existing St. Augustine grass. Any suggestionis aprreciated. I saw a spray called Ortho Pro Max in a yellow container that looked good in the commercial on TV. This is for my own lawn. Thanks.

Grass kickin

You should be licensed to treat any turf in Fla. other than your own. Fines can run $ 5,000 if you are caught doing illegal application.

Grass Kickin
05-31-2007, 11:13 PM
As stated in my original post, this is for my own lawn. I own an LCO but don't handle weed killing, pesticides etc.

I do have a question pertaining to licensing though, tegarding treatments for customers, is it necesary to be licensed if you are using a product that any Joe can get at Home Depot?

ampeg76
05-31-2007, 11:53 PM
As stated in my original post, this is for my own lawn. I own an LCO but don't handle weed killing, pesticides etc.

I do have a question pertaining to licensing though, tegarding treatments for customers, is it necesary to be licensed if you are using a product that any Joe can get at Home Depot?

yes, do a search on florida and permits, its pretty strict from what i have read!

RYNOss
05-31-2007, 11:54 PM
In Florida you have to be lic. to apply anything to a property other than your own. Check with you local extension office if you want to take class. You can get what they call a "roundup lic." basically you can spray anything with a "caution label" but nothing that says warning or danger. This is for non turf areas only. You can't spray turf unless your a lic. pesticide company. The rules are strict, even if a homeowner bought the product any you didn't charge them to apply it, you can be fined.

RYNOss
05-31-2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.flaes.org/aes-ent/licenseandcert.html
this link should be helpfull

bug-guy
06-01-2007, 03:20 AM
atrazine is restricted ude in fl also alittle hot and stressed lawns now for atrazine try manor and read label

Ric
06-01-2007, 10:34 AM
atrazine is restricted ude in fl also alittle hot and stressed lawns now for atrazine try manor and read label

Bug Guy

Atrazine 4L is RUP, But the watered down version is still a GUP. The Main Difference is you are paying a lot more for the Water in the bottle than the Product with GUP Atrazine. Atrazine is still full strength on Weed & Feed.