PDA

View Full Version : how much to charge for gutter cleaning??

backtobasicslawncare
05-25-2007, 10:16 AM
i would to know how to charge out for cleaning out gutters and the difference and gutters and packed with leafs for several years VS gutters clean out every year. is there a rate per foot or what?

thanks,
Mike

weeble67
05-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I offer this service in my fall clean up. I package it up with aerating. I have a Stihl backpack blower that does a great job with the gutter cleaning attachment in place. After blowing the leaves and debris blow it out of any landscaping and then mulch it up. I double check with a ladder that they are clean. My fee is quoted by the amount of time I feel it will take me to clean them out. I guess I normally make a couple dollars an minute.

thesargent
05-25-2007, 04:08 PM
i charge $50 for an "average size" one story house. it never takes me longer than a half hour.

Patriot Services
05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Single story only. I use back pack blower too. Up to 1700 sq ft house is 60, over than that is 75. A good blower will move even the most jam packed gutter. You may have to blow up through the downspouts , never down to clear them. Just remember to clean off the bushes and such at ground level. Do it before you mow and you mulch it into the yard. All gone. This is an easy up sell, nobody wants to do it. Piece of cake with the right equipment. Recommend 2x year late fall and mid spring.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

backtobasicslawncare
05-25-2007, 09:34 PM
thanks for the help. :usflag:

clcare2
05-25-2007, 11:51 PM
watch out for 2nd floor work. If the 30 footer comes out of the shop. It is $200 of top of normal charges. 60 to 75.