PDA

View Full Version : How much Would you charge? ASAP

LawnMowingNewbie
05-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Lawn for a business:

incline of about 20-30 degrees

130ft long and 17 ft wide = approx. 2200 square feet

grass is LONG with those long weed thgingies over about 90% of it, about upper thigh.

plus a small much shorter (5 inches) 20ft by 3ft.

There is also garbage I will need to pick up.

Can someone give me a ballpark figure. I will only be using a push mower too.,

Can everyone give me ballpark estimates on what I have told you?

thanks!

razor1
05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Imagine how much would you charge if it was cut weekly and multiply by 3 or 4. Probably around $150 to $200. Thats gonna be hard on a pushmower. :cry:
Take some before and after pics
Good Luck

Tom c.
05-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Hit it with a weedwacker first, I did one like that last year . Went in with a weed wacker and blasted it then went in with a bobcat mower dont even bother with a bagger!

evergreenedmond
05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I would charge at least $225.00 for it

fiveoboy01
05-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd charge around 120-150.

If they think that's too high, let someone else do it. Overgrown stuff is a pain, and if they don't want to pay, they can have someone else do it...

LawnMowingNewbie
05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the advice guys!!!

I was close. I lowballed a bit and quoted $120 the initial cut, and assuming a weekly cut with short grass (that is, they don't call when it is long again), $50/wk cut.

They haven't called back, so let me find someone else, or do it themselves if they want.

Plus I would have to pick up 6 tires lying in the grass, plus pop cans (10?) and other garbage.

fiveoboy01
05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Well I think it might be that your weekly cut after the initial cut is a little high. You're only talking 2260 total square feet, which should only take you 10-15 min max to mow, IF you had a 36 or 48" walk behind. Yeah with the push mower it's going to take you a lot longer, so someone else who can get it done in 1/3 the time probably got it for a little less.

But yeah, I don't take those jobs anymore. Last year yes, I jumped on anything and everything I could get. Now if it looks like crap and is overgrown, unless they want to pay dearly, I'm not going to do it.

pclawncare
05-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Fiveoboy i was and am in the same situation last year i was all over any work i could get this year i have tons and tons booked and dont need any more even though if its a nice yard in a nice neighborhood ill take it on. This year i have had several that called me and i said i would look at it and get back to them with a price i drive up to the house dont stop keep going and never call the people back probably a bad business practice but right now im trying to just take care of the customer i have

MJStrain
05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
For what you are describing you must be hurting for business. So make it worth it cause it is going to be a real ball buster. That's why he's calling you! I have seen enough of those lawns and I immediately turn them down. There are too many normal lawns out there waiting for you!