PDA

View Full Version : damn another client problem

BLKSS
05-26-2007, 12:04 AM
alright guys im a newbie at lawn care but im doing ok, i had this client that needed her yard mowed, so she called me and said " i would like to have it done in the next couple of days" so i did it i charged her 35 for a standard front yard and the back just needed trimming, well of course the grass was overgrown, and come to find out the city left a note on her house notifying her that she needed to have it cut. so i cut it. she told me it would be great if i could come every other week so i agreed well i called her today to confirm that i would be there at 9 and she gives me the well do you think you can come next week BS. I told her yes but i need yalls input on how much i should charge here for the delay?
thanks
Brandon

sheshovel
05-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Longer it is, harder it is to cut, If it is every two weeks and the lawn is actively growing, charge her 65/70 a cut if your price is 35. Clear it with her 1st and be sure she is aware that it will cost her just as much $$. I recommend you do not accept mowing that is less than once a week. Prices vary and some charge more .

topsites
05-26-2007, 02:46 AM
You can try and get $70 / cut, that's likely what it will be worth, but good luck...
You could try and just leave a bill nice as can be, but I think that tends to backfire in other ways.

Now if they want it to wait because it doesn't need it (and I mean I can see it doesn't), well that's different.

Otherwise here's what I say when someone delays the next scheduled cut for financial reasons:
Ok, I'll see when I can get to it. (translation: :waving: )

Up to you, I've got a tough year in store for me so I could do stuff like that, but I figure either way I'm going to take a beating, so I'd rather take it watching TV.

bohiaa
05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
I hate those type... they just dont understand it so hard on the equiptment. and out bodys, Sock it too her 70.00

fiveoboy01
05-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree with The She here.

In any case, I don't even do bi-weeklys. Not even for double the money. Because if someone knows I'm mowing it, and they drive by the property on day 13, and it's TALL and looks like crap, well then that reflects badly on my business.

Stillwater
05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Ya this kind of customer, this is classic and why I don't price a cut by the square foot. I suggest you also consider negative exposure for your business, lawns that are cut biweekly look like crap and people that drive by seeing you caring for a lawn that constantly looks like crap will reflect on you. charge accordingly and suspend cutting until she agrees to you price structure. If she complains politely suggest that she calls a local child who may possibly cut her lawn for 20.00

Patriot Services
05-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Ma'am I have to politely decline your request. I really only cater to clients desiring long term service. Being on a you call basis is hard on my scheduling. Please allow me to refer to the cardboard sign on the corner, the one that says any lawn 19.95. I am sure they can provide quality, reliable service. Have a great day.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

PatriotLandscape
05-26-2007, 05:45 PM
a guy I once worked with had a saying "once a week or see ya' later"

drop her she'll never pay your price.

Vikings
05-26-2007, 05:56 PM
In any case, I don't even do bi-weeklys. Not even for double the money. Because if someone knows I'm mowing it, and they drive by the property on day 13, and it's TALL and looks like crap, well then that reflects badly on my business.
I like SOME bi-weeklies (and I got a few). Most of mine are very thin grass and easy to cut. The only thing I don't like is the first time in the season when you cut it. When you are trimming very long grass and a lot of it doesn't get mulched, and ends up staying they or getting blown onto the grass that is cut. I just tell them it will take a few times.

But I have two bi-weeklies that are TOO think to cut every 2 weeks, at least at this time of year. One agreed to every week the other has to talk it over with his wife (@#%%# whipped Biatch) but thats ok. I'm cutting it next week or dropping them. First time we cut it, it was ok but this time, it's raining every 2nd day, we left clumps all over and it was choking out our machines. We tidied it up with a blower but it took way too long.

All my other bi-weeklies are ok though but I never thought about how it makes my co. look... I got huge decals too:laugh:

Vikings
05-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh, Saturday night and I picked up another bi-weekly. 6000sq ft / $35. Her mail man used to do it for her but refused to take cheques, cash only. It was hard for her to pay and be home all the time for him.