PDA

View Full Version : Moles

BotetourtBoy3
05-26-2007, 01:09 AM
i hace a bad mole problem, what do i do to get rid of them?

MTAYLORFFP
05-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Ita funny that you asked this.. I just read an article in a magazine this am about moles, and it sounds pretty practical to do.. First find an active tunnel. To do this, step on a known tunnel in 1 or 2 spots to flatten it out. Wait a couple of days. If the tunnel is open again after this time frame, then you have an active tunnel.
You will need a 3-5 gallon plastic bucket, and a piece of plywood.
Dig a hole deep enough to place the top rim of the bucket just below the tunnel. The tunnel should run through the middle of your hole. Place the bucket in the hole, and cover with a piece of wood to prevent kids or noisy pets from getting into it.
Check back in a couple of days, and see if there is a mole there. If so,just relocate somewhere else (or dispose accordingly hehe).. Moles are actually good for the lawn if not present for a long period of time. Good for aeration..

Capemay Eagle
05-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I take a screw driver and poke a hole in the tunnel and then lift a small part of the ceiling off gently. I then add a teaspoon off Zapp pellets and put it back together. I have worked on the side of my house for two years to get a nice thick lawn, and in two days a freakin mole has destroyed it.

MILSINC
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
talpirid.. it works. follow the instructions.

MrC
05-27-2007, 04:14 PM
I just put Talpirid down yesterday so we'll see what happens. Based on everything I've read, it seems like an effective product. It cost a little more, but if it works then it will be well worth it.

MILSINC
05-27-2007, 07:01 PM
i've used talpirid about 6 times now, and it works well every time.. I think if the instructions are followed strictly, it is quite effective

Mic_bug
05-27-2007, 11:06 PM
a cheaper version is to put juicy fruit down an active tunnel.

Moles can not digest gum...

Heatman
05-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I like to use a body type trap. I can usually get them in 24 hrs. I want to see the body.

supturb89
06-10-2007, 08:35 PM

My brother-in-law told me about this method.......i thought he was feeding me a line of you know what.:) ......i'll have to give it a try.

Runner
06-10-2007, 09:36 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nmurph
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah, what he said!!!