PDA

View Full Version : Have a qouestion for the guys in Jacksonville, FL

SnDLawnCare
05-26-2007, 02:00 PM
I have a customer ask what it would cost to sod there lawn if they buy the sod.

Its roughly 8500 sq ft corner lot. I have to remove the old sod and lay new. Whats the going rate per square ft here in jax?

Thanks

SnDLawnCare
05-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Can anybody help?

start2finish
05-27-2007, 11:00 AM
ever look in a automotive repair shop and see a sign that says 25% surcharge for customer supplied parts. NO WARRANTY

double your normal price, circuit city doesn't install equipment bought at best buy. If your customer wants to buy sod then let them lay it.

lawnspecialties
05-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Actually, you can work this to your adavntage. Charge them just your normal markup and labor if you had bought the sod yourself. But again, it's on them with warranty issues. You make the same amount of money with no after-hassles.:)

cpel2004
05-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Use it to your advantage, mark out the spots were you want the sod to be laid out. Charge them an extra 25-30% without providing them a warranty. Its a win situation for you. It shouldn't matter what's the going rate. Laying sod takes skill and you have to basic knowledge. Charge so you can make some serious money off the job, be aggressive. Does the property have any obstacles. Who measured the property for them? Are they going to order 10% for shortfalls? Who's going to prep the yard. More than likely whatever price you give these people there not going to be satisfied. So charge what you think is fair. Alot of companies wont lay sod down here. If I were you I would shop around to see if the sod farm would drop it for me and just charge you % on top of that.

cpel2004
05-27-2007, 12:41 PM
My rate is 500 for the first two-four pallets that includes prep, sod and installation. One pallet is 600. Anyhting after 4 its 450 per installed pallet.

SnDLawnCare
05-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the help