PDA

View Full Version : Weed ID help please

fall46
05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey Gang,

Applied 2lbs 19-0-19 .43 Barricade per 1000 sqft mainly for Crabgrass on
May 6.

However have 2-3 primary weeds in lawn and though browning some of it seems to still be active. Want to make sure its killed compltely would another application of Barricade or say Momentum etc. (something in granular form would be perferable) take care of this? Is their a certian amount of time ones needs to wait before another application? We applied the Barricade on May 6, (this lawn was seeded last fall).

How long until these weeds compltely wilt and de-compose back into lawn? Would have thought with a May 6 application this would have occured already

indyturf
05-26-2007, 04:53 PM
if you use a 3way weed control like Trimec it will control all the broad-leaf weeds you have. the liquid weed controls work better than than the granular.

fall46
05-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Do you know the names of the weeds pictured? As for the liquid I do have some concentrated areas, but many the weeds are sporadic hence I was thinking the granular might be more realstic. How long of wait is needed after I applied the Barricade .43 2lbs per 1000 sq ft on May 6

RigglePLC
05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Left side of second picture is Veronica (speedwell), very difficult to kill--liquid needed, but it will die when weather gets hot in any case--a winter weed.

Right side of second picture looks to me like violets--also difficult to kill and a perennial. Three-Way is only fair. Use a a more powerful liquid like Eliminate, --usually needs on several treatments.

RAlmaroad
05-26-2007, 06:06 PM
The one in the middle is a thistle, tiny little stuff among the grass, right? Forget exactly but we have mulitudes of it in TN. Trimec works great. T. If you've gotten any rain, go ahead but here in TN we have had no significant rain in a month and yards are drying up really bad.

fall46
05-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Second picture is speedwell left and violet on right. Now I need to ID the weeds in the first picture. Maybe I will snap few pics tomorrow from a different angle

americanlawn
05-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Granules won't kill the above. You need a liquid. (esters will kill them for sure). Nice I.D. of weeds by fellow members. Violets will be your challenge. No herbicide will give a one-shot total kill, although triclopyr is probably your best bet. Viloets are much harder to get rid of compared all other hard-to-kill weeds such as ground ivy.

bntt68
05-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Drive + Quicksilver make a lethal app. on Wild Violet.