PDA

View Full Version : how to start small nursery?

backtobasicslawncare
05-26-2007, 10:56 PM
im thinking about getting a small greenhouse and im looking at buying some soil pots. i think about selling vegetable and flowers someday.

when do i need to buy or look at?

backtobasicslawncare
12-29-2007, 03:54 PM
please i still need help on. i want to sell flowers and want to hear how should i start small? whats a good way to still start me a small greenhouse?

thanks
mike

JB1
12-29-2007, 08:30 PM
theres a show next week in louisville , here is a link, it might help you out.
WWW.MSHE.ORG

Grass Happens
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
there is also a book on Nursery management. It's pricey but covers ALOOOOOT.

Lance L
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
haha whats the name of the book =P

yardmanlee
01-06-2008, 07:37 AM
haha whats the name of the book =P

and author ?

Plant Buyer 83
01-06-2008, 08:32 AM
there is also a book on Nursery management. It's pricey but covers ALOOOOOT.

This might be the book he is talking about - Nursery Management: Administration and Culture (4th Edition) - Harold Davidson. Search in amazon you'll find it. He's right though it is expensive but in return very good info. If you just want a smaller cheaper book try this one (also on amazon). So You Want to Start a Nursery by Tony Avent. I would get this one and read it and go from there.

Keep in mind starting a "Nursery" is MUCH HARDER than people think. Most growers now have a lot of mechanicalized machinery not to mention how expensive it is. They know there cost down to penny's (especially in growing annuals/perennials).

But I am sure you are talking about just doing it a side venture am I correct? Maybe grow for you own needs and sell whatever you can't use?

Grass Happens
01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
This might be the book he is talking about - Nursery Management: Administration and Culture (4th Edition) - Harold Davidson.

That would be the book. Its to bad i sold it back to the bookstore, I would have given you a heck of a deal on it!! :)