PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my LLC

ADMIREDLAWNS
05-27-2007, 09:11 AM
After years of working for my dad mowing lawns(from 12yrs -22yrs old), I finally bought my own equipment and filed for my LLC certificate. I olnly have 3 weekly & 4 bi-weekly accounts but its enough to pay for the equipment, and a little in company saving. I am starting to attend small business courses to better understand business management. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

WJW Lawn
05-27-2007, 09:25 AM
First off congrats!! And good for you for wanting those business classes! Im thinking of doing the same thing...because knowing how to cut lawns is one thing...but running a business is a completely different ballgame!

bohiaa
05-27-2007, 02:20 PM
waht were the advantages of LLC..?

weeble67
05-27-2007, 03:15 PM
What do you do to obtain an LLC?

Grits
05-27-2007, 03:40 PM
What do you do to obtain an LLC?

Have your accountant do it.

JJG84
05-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey Admired - im in the same ballpark as you are...

except, I just recently received my Small Business Management Degree (associates)

I have approximately 15 accounts - 2 bi-weekly, all in my "first year" of actually being serious. I have been scaping since 16 (when I first got my license) but this year I am trying to do everything legitimately

I'm waiting on filing for LLC though until I actually need to do so. Also I am still trying to figure out the whole deduction aspect and all of the other loop holes before I dive into the world of taxation.

The one thing that most colleges do not teach you that is very important is TAXES. They need to start offering courses on that stuff, in addition to all of the other business concepts they teach.

Anyways, your game plan sounds great. Most landscapers fail because of lack of education and do not grow to be prosperous because of lack of education...I say good! less competition for me!

ADMIREDLAWNS
05-27-2007, 07:59 PM
waht were the advantages of LLC..?

What made me decide on LLC the fact you get majority of the benefits of a corporation without all the headache of one, plus its way cheaper.

This link is where we found all the info I needed for the crucial decisions.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=109805,00.html

Hope this helps.

ADMIREDLAWNS
05-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Weeble, I went on my states website section for registering a small business, picked a name that wasnt taken, paid about $150 and that was it. I am now waiting on a response from my city for a operational license.

I dont have an accountant so my wife and I do alot of research to inform ourselves. If it gets to big my uncle works for the IRS, so one long distant call, usually i'm cured.

Stillwater
05-28-2007, 05:11 AM
One of the smartest things posted....