PDA

View Full Version : Want to learn more about outdoor kitchens.

Doster's L & L
05-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I got a call from this lady who wants a "simple" (this may be a loaded word) Outdoor kitchen. She wants a colored concrete patio and she wants a veneered wall to enclose her wheeled grill. While we discussed all she wanted, I mentioned to her, why not also have a sink with plumbing and the works. I have worked with concrete making patios before, and i've also built retaining walls, but i've not bricked and veneered anything, nor do i have much experience with plumbing.

My question is, will reading a book help me to give her all she wants with an outdoor kitchen? Or am I going to be better off subbing some of the other work that I don't know much about and try to learn from them as they work on this project?

Thanks for your valued opinions.

Toy2
05-27-2007, 01:03 PM
HGTV will have an all day special on outdoor kitchens tomorrow, this might help with ideas.

I will start my own outdoor kitchen tomorrow if rain lets up, it will be an L shape with a built in grill, plenty of counter space, using tile on top, not sure if i will brick the sides or stucco it with tile accents. As for water, I will tie into the outside hosebib.

Good luck.

cedarcroft
05-27-2007, 06:47 PM
we have done several lately. we make the BBQ cabinaet out of concrete block and face it w/ cultured stone. I would sub out the plumbing and gas lines etc. lynx has some nice outdoor stuff.