PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here do business lot cleaning.

WHIPPLE5.7
05-27-2007, 05:14 PM
I picked up a real nice belt driven pressure washer to keep my equipment clean and purchased a 230 gallon water tank as well in case I get some residental driveway jobs. After driving around town and checking out the business parking lots I see that almost 80% of them have ungodly amounts of dirt, gravel, weeds, etc. Most of these are places that don't even have any lawns just gravel islands and asphault.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
05-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Well cleaning is the easy part,rinsing takes so much time on flat areas you can't push the dirt and you will be dealing with grease and oil, the epa will be on you for waste water,it seems the bids would be so high they would not take it don't sell yourself short.

DuraCutter
05-28-2007, 01:53 AM
I picked up a real nice belt driven pressure washer to keep my equipment clean and purchased a 230 gallon water tank as well in case I get some residental driveway jobs. After driving around town and checking out the business parking lots I see that almost 80% of them have ungodly amounts of dirt, gravel, weeds, etc. Most of these are places that don't even have any lawns just gravel islands and asphault.

That's sweeper work you're describing. Smaller tennant sweepers or larger ones will deal with all that and put it into a disposal bin. That's what I do and it does require a filtered sweeper so you don't provide the client with a cloud of dust.

Visit the sweeping forum and ask on there.

:)

Duncan90si
05-28-2007, 02:30 AM
Yes I agree. I run a sweeper truck also. If you can't afford to buy one, try hooking up with a local sweeping company to clean up your mess after you are done pressure washing.

godzilla
05-28-2007, 12:46 PM
You can do that with just a big blower, back pack blower, and some various hand tools like brooms, shovels, and wheelbarrows. It's dirty work that is best done when nobody is around.

DuraCutter
05-29-2007, 01:33 AM
You can do that with just a big blower, back pack blower, and some various hand tools like brooms, shovels, and wheelbarrows. It's dirty work that is best done when nobody is around.

Doing it with blowers is dirty for the customer, their vehicles and homes or businesses. It shows a lack of commitment to doing it with the proper tools. I know of a lot of businesses around here who use the blowers. It's really easy for them to lose the contracts because of how they do it.

You could compare this to an lco mowing a residential with a 72" z ripping through the lawn and running whatever over and not giving a rats a$$. Wrong tool for the job.

Moral of the story, don't send a child to do a mans job. Proper use of tools makes good common sense.

DuraCutter
05-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Yes I agree. I run a sweeper truck also. If you can't afford to buy one, try hooking up with a local sweeping company to clean up your mess after you are done pressure washing.

haha... well put. Yeah, without the proper sweeper ... good luck!