PDA

View Full Version : Scotts Step 1 (Turfbuilder with Halts). $7.99/5000 SQFT bag (14#) at Target

leejp
05-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I know we're past the time where we put the Halts down. I had been planning on just fertilizing since my lawn is pretty much weed free. But I was at Target tonight and saw that they had several bags on clearance.

Since I can get the stuff with Halts for about the same price as regular fertilizer. I was thinking about putting it down instead in mid June. It would prevent any new broadleaf and grassy weeds from germinating in July/August, No?

Nathan Robinson
05-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Halts is Trash and early spring fertilizers has to much nitrogen for the summer. Your paying for the fertilizer as your carrier for the (A.I.) active ingredient-"halts". To answer you question, YES it will still help with the broadleaf weeds and grassy weeds that are unwanted but will do nothing for what is in early stages thus far.

Capemay Eagle
05-28-2007, 11:21 AM
I know we're past the time where we put the Halts down. I had been planning on just fertilizing since my lawn is pretty much weed free. But I was at Target tonight and saw that they had several bags on clearance.

Since I can get the stuff with Halts for about the same price as regular fertilizer. I was thinking about putting it down instead in mid June. It would prevent any new broadleaf and grassy weeds from germinating in July/August, No?

I would not. Just because you might want to thatch and seed in Sept/Oct and you are not supposed to seed for about 4 months after the application(I found out the hard way). Could buy a few for next March.

echeandia
05-28-2007, 03:12 PM
You could buy it and use it next spring.