PDA

View Full Version : Another ID question...

procut
05-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Dear Experts...

Ok, this is a tough one, as I don't have a pic. I will describe it the best I can, but I'm skeptical as the people at the greenhouse had no idea what I was talking about.

I thought it was a variety of hosta, but I think thats been ruled out. This time of year it is a small dense green mound. Later in the summe/fall it has flowers that grow straight up that are a marroon/dark red in color. Any ideas?

I know of place where a few are planted, so tomorrow I'll try to drive by and snap a picture quick and post it.

Plant Buyer 83
05-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Procut,

Not trying to be a jerk but the reason no one has replied IMO is that, that was a poor "I will describe it the best I can." A pic would be wonderful. But if not give us some other things besides a green mound and red flowers. Leaf shape/size, overall plant size, light green/dark green/silvery green leaf color, herbaceous or woody, describe the flowers a little if you can to, and any other distinguishing characteristics. I will try to help you out but we need a little more info.

Matt

procut
05-29-2007, 12:24 AM
I know the desciption was terrible, but I thought I'd give it try thinking someone might read it and say "yeah, I know what it is"

I'm actually a little embarressed, as it hit me this morning that it is a type of mum. DUH!!!! Just kind of blanked out I guess.

Plant Buyer 83
05-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Glad it got worked out, everyone has a brain fart sometimes.