PDA

View Full Version : Help!! I need some urgent help.

brentcovington
05-28-2007, 01:36 AM
I am looking for a chemical, I can use in my juniper's for weed control. I need something that will not harm them. Please help me out.

ArizPestWeed
05-28-2007, 02:15 AM
Is it grass or what?

olive123
05-28-2007, 03:18 PM
lontrel, a very good product. It cannot be used in residential turf but it can be sprayed over the top on some juniper. (check your species of juniper with the label)

RigglePLC
05-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Don't know. But...there may be a time of year when juniper is dormant or at a stage of growth that is tough and hardened off. You have a safer situation for the juniper then. Today--you are on your own.

If it's is grass only--then fusilade is the product of choice. Ortho "Grass B Gone " and Etc.

unit28
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Image/http://www.amdro.com/Image/Tips/seasonal.html
or Basagran for some broadleafs and sedges.
But I doubt broadleafs compete with
juniper compactia verdes.:confused:

love the fusilade II on bermuda kill.

don't forget the preen.

brentcovington
05-29-2007, 12:38 AM
It is a mixture of grass and broadleaf weeds. Thanks for all your information.

CircleCLandscape
05-29-2007, 01:09 AM
You can use Casaron over woodie ornamentals, granular form so it goes down easy. Do have to watch out for leaching if there is grass around the beds. Treat edges with heavy doses of Barricade or Dimension for emerging grass/weeds. Works really well.

The mayor
05-29-2007, 03:01 AM
I use sethoxydim. It works for grassy weeds, not sure on the broadleaf. I know lesco carries it.

americanlawn
05-29-2007, 05:53 PM
RigglePC makes a good point -- it's much safer to spray junipers for weeds after the new growth has hardened off . We use Fusalade on grasses. For broadleaves we use a 3-way amine broadleaf herbicide (you're taking a risk if you use an ester). You can combine the Fusalade & 3-way in one solution. I don't know if I would use a spreader/sticker cuz it might be harmful to the junipers. Of course use a fine mist. Repeat spray may be needed on the grasses. Keep away from turf. I realize I have repeated many of the above members. Good luck.