PDA

View Full Version : 20 hp kohler walker starting trouble

buzzer12
05-28-2007, 08:46 PM
i recently put new rings in this engine, new gaskets . benched tested it before i put it back in my walker. the engine starts perfectly . the trouble is that when i put it back in the machine it won,t start. it wants to but it wont. i put new plugs and there is spark the compression is 65 :confused: on both sides. still won,t start???? i take the engine out to the bench she starts right up!!!!!! i even disconnected the safety switches while it was in the machine that didn,t work. is the machine grounding out some where? please does anyone have any ideas , i.m going craze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucforce
05-28-2007, 08:50 PM
turn the fuel valve back on

Bill Kapaun
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually, lucforce might be on the right track. What happens if you prime the carb with a dribble of gas?
Is there gas TO the carb?

buzzer12
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
when the engine is in the machine and the gas is on, the gas spits up and out of the carb, when i disconnect the gas and let the garb go dry and then dribble gas in the carg it sill wont start!! but the second i unhook everything and take the engine out of the machine dribble gas in the carb it starts up and runs every time ???????????????????????

lucforce
05-29-2007, 01:27 AM
You have a safety switch issue or a short. Pull a spark plug wire and verify whether or not you have spark. I venture to say that you do not.