PDA

View Full Version : Types of sprinklers - which is best?

DCE
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Obviously, a professionally installed underground sprinkler system is the ticket but I just cannot afford one. So, with this being said, I am left to my own devices. Watering devices! :) I have both oscillating and impact [aka pulsating] type. Which one is better at putting down effectively the most amount of water in a given amount of time?

I know the impact type you can set them for any size area...you can water areas that an oscillating one can't because it's too broad. Conversely, I think oscillating ones can water a large area in one go.

I guess, what I'm wanting to learn is, which type is most effective for watering. Thanks in advance.

Capemay Eagle
05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Obviously, a professionally installed underground sprinkler system is the ticket but I just cannot afford one. So, with this being said, I am left to my own devices. Watering devices! :) I have both oscillating and impact [aka pulsating] type. Which one is better at putting down effectively the most amount of water in a given amount of time?

I know the impact type you can set them for any size area...you can water areas that an oscillating one can't because it's too broad. Conversely, I think oscillating ones can water a large area in one go.

I guess, what I'm wanting to learn is, which type is most effective for watering. Thanks in advance.

Before my Dad bought his new home with a irrigation system, he always used the "Rain Train". If you are fimililar with this sprinkler, it is probablably the best one out there. http://www.lawnh2o.com/nelson/nelson_rain_train.htm