PDA

View Full Version : Customer Installed Play Set

echeandia
05-28-2007, 09:43 PM
I have a customer who recently put up a large play set for his kids. Now instead of a wide open back yard I have to deal with this monster (driving around it and PITA trimming). When I quoted him the mowing price he never mentioned putting up a play set. Do I tell the guy I need another $5 per visit? What did you guys do in similar situation?

dcondon
05-28-2007, 09:55 PM
If it's just one play set then just go ahead and do it. Now really how much more time is it going to take you.:confused: :confused:

grassmanak
05-28-2007, 10:01 PM
ive had a couple similar things but have just let em slide, rather than losing the customer

MJStrain
05-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I can't imagine it takes you more than a few minutes at most to trim around even the largest play set. I'd just do what's necessary to get the job done and be grateful you have the account.

GrassQuester
05-28-2007, 10:05 PM
I have a similiar situation where I have to weedeat down a giant fence which they put up after I started.....I just do it and say screw it.

4curbappeal
05-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I have a similiar situation where I have to weedeat down a giant fence which they put up after I started.....I just do it and say screw it.

Well put:rolleyes: :rolleyes: !

echeandia
05-28-2007, 10:11 PM
...how much more time is it going to take you...

It only takes a couple of minutes, but the point is it wasn't there and now it is. Mowing around one of these things is one reason I finally got rid of the one in my yard.

Woody82986
05-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Man, if it is bothering you this much, then I think the answer is obvious. If you have situations that cause you to worry or brood about them, then you should do something about it. I learned several years ago that even the smallest things will never just go away and they will keep eating at you. Honestly, if it bothers you... then fix what is bothering you.

HOOLIE
05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
These playsets suck...most people just sit them in the grass and you have all these nooks and crannies to trim around. Not to mention ducking under to do some trimming.

The obvious solution...so obvious as to be easily missed...give them a price to mulch around the playset with woodchips or playground mulch. Then you solve most of your problem and make some extra money :)

WJW Lawn
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Mow right through that mutha! I actually had a customer do the exact same thing...no biggie...couple extra minutes.

rubiconlawn
05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Go out find a new customer.
The energy you use on this will make you feel better.
Next season quote "swingset" what he's really valued at.
If he stays you win, if he goes you win.
Just my opinion.

GrassQuester
05-28-2007, 11:08 PM
I have like 80 yards I do, after mowing the 2 yards with dog crap I welcome playsets :)

Wells
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Welcome to my world.....I have very few yards that don't have something in the way. Some have playsets, some have trampolines, and some have both.

I would say, as long as they are a good paying client then just deal with the playset. It really shouldn't take you that much longer to trim around it.

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Grin and bear it !!! and like others have said ...Its better than dog poop....