PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer Z leaving long strips of grass, HELP!

mudnthundr
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm running a 2006 Exmark Lazer Z with one of the new 50" triton decks. It's got about 190 hrs on it. Lately it's been cutting really bad and leaving longs strips of grass as I mow. The long strips are not really inline with the front caster tires so I'm kind of ruling them out. I've put brand new blades on it, scraped the underside of the deck really really good, changed cutting heights, nothing is working. The belt has a tensioner and the belt seems pretty tight so I don't think its that. I'm not hearing and noises like it could be a bearing or anything....and my hydrolics are topped off. Any idea what might be causing this????? It's killing my cut times.

SSS 18734
05-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Do the blades have spacers? If so, try lowering the blades so they are closer to the bottom of the deck. My Gravely walkbehind will streak grass if the blades are attached directly to the spindles with no spacers.

mudnthundr
05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
It has spacers, but they are under the blade....the blade it self is against the spindle. I have a gravely walkbehind also and anytime it was striping long grass a simple clean out and blade swap did the job. I'm just wondering if this new triton deck might be part of the problem. Thanks!

EMTDUCK1984
05-28-2007, 10:32 PM
the 50" triton does not have spacers there is an update for the triton decks that your exmark dealer should already know about which changes the angle of one baffle i have already installed several and it seems to be solving this problem

mudnthundr
05-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Is the update for the triton deck more like a recall type item or is it something they're charging to do?

EMTDUCK1984
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
it is free to those that need it. it only effects certain areas but your local dealer should be able to install it and it should help

EMTDUCK1984
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
not every triton needed it so they didnt do a recall but if you are having problems it can be installed