PDA

View Full Version : 4 ofjuly

angelosantojoe1
05-28-2007, 10:30 PM
i have 30 lawns and iam not to sure what to do about the 4 of july i cut on wednesday and thursday the 4th falls on wednesday what would u guys do

BUCKEYE MOWING
05-28-2007, 10:32 PM
i have 30 lawns and iam not to sure what to do about the 4 of july i cut on wednesday and thursday the 4th falls on wednesday what would u guys do

Work extra hard on the 3rd and 5th !!

dcondon
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I would say do anything you can not to mow on wed. We would have lots of people really mad if we cut on the 4th. Although I would not even if they wanted me.:laugh:

Woody82986
05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
If the 4th falls on a Monday or Friday then I don't cut and I alter my schedule around it... but if it falls in the middle of the week it is just too hard to deal with taking that day off.

HOOLIE
05-28-2007, 11:20 PM
What about the 5 days of the week you don't cut on....what's up with them...some reason why you can't mow any other day?? Has it never rained on a Wed/Thur before???

angelosantojoe1
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
i am a manager in a retail store right now iam doing 45 hrs a week there i take 2 days off a week to cut the grass.

Gene $immons
05-29-2007, 09:40 PM
We will work the 4th. Probably will make it an early day, but we risk losing too much income if it should rain on one of the other days that week.

I have never had a complaint about us working on the 4th. Now, if there is some big event going on at said house, we will skip it. But there is usually nothing going on anyway.

Just another work day to me.

I'll have some cold ones waiting on the guys when they get in.

mmacsek
05-29-2007, 09:48 PM
We have a very full schedule so we will be working. If someone has a party on a holiday they will inform us ahead of time and I will adjust if possible. The way I see it the winter months and Sundays are my days off. Matt

HOOLIE
05-29-2007, 11:45 PM
i am a manager in a retail store right now iam doing 45 hrs a week there i take 2 days off a week to cut the grass.

I guess I'd mow on the 4th then, unless things are not growing too fast, then maybe you could just skip Wed. and just deal with it the next week.

It's probably no biggie to mow that day if you want...most people seem to be either on vacation or out somewhere. If they have a party most likely it will be later in the day to coincide with fireworks.

RICHIE K
05-30-2007, 06:09 AM
we push up the schedule up a day

Bigray
05-30-2007, 07:20 AM
I mow on holidays as well, and sundays as a last resort if i am backed up. if anyone has parties and you cant adjust to fit their schedule tell them next week and perhaps offer a credit or extra srvc. on the property. imo...

twj721
05-30-2007, 08:32 AM
set off fireworks on the yards that you need to do on that date and if it is really dry a fire might break out and them they will not be in need of mowing so therefore you can take the day off:laugh:

jt5019
05-30-2007, 08:40 AM
With the 4th being in the middle of the week most people will probably choose to have their cookouts on the weekend. Depending on the weather for the rest of the week i would probably work half a day... ill cut the houses i know wont be doing anything or commercial accounts. If there is a lot of rainy days that week there's no choice but to mow. I think as long as they are cut for the weekend most will be satisfied.

Prestige-Lawncare
05-30-2007, 09:05 AM
This is just one of the many obstacles of being part-time. What do you do if it rains on Wednesday or Thursday ... or heaven forbid ... Wednesday and Thursday?

If you are working 45 hours a week at your full time job in the other 5 days ... that is 9 hours a day. You are more then likely going to have to squeeze some of the lawns in on those days if you do not (or can not) mow on the 4th.

Do you have a buddy or business acquaintance that you have networked with that may help in mowing some of your lawns for you? Networking, or having buddies in the business can often times help out.

Stillwater
06-03-2007, 06:08 AM
I get all of my customers lawns done without exception before the 4th. no exception or I open a can of woopAss