PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Phoenix area?

canopy2k
05-29-2007, 04:09 AM
Just looking to do some networking...

Im just starting out, and just need moral support! :waving:

Brice

Desertdweller
05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey Canopy,

Don't expect many from this market on this board. I've never seen such a big city have such an unprofessional service industry. Good luck to you. Do quality work and you'll never be hungry.

What part of the Valley do you cover and what services do you offer?

Ken

canopy2k
05-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Im in North Phoenix, along the I-17 corridor. I really would go anywhere in the valley, if I could get 7-8 accounts to do in a day.

Heres a link to my website, which gives a list of services, etc.

www.dillsonline.biz

I think I might be the only "Native" American working to ply the lawn trade. Maybe that will be a benefit, maybe not?

Im really struggling to get customers. I sent out 600 postcards to date, and dropped near the same amount of flyers. I haven't received one phone call. I currently only have 2 accounts and they are friends.

Well, things can only get better, right?

c2k

Desertdweller
05-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Hang in there. Have you tried any property managment companies? We tried some fliers, mailers etc and have had a poor response from them. Use any contact you have and be the best not the cheapest. Maybe specialize rather than do a little of everything. Everyone in the Valley thinks they can do it all and very few pull it off.

canopy2k
05-30-2007, 02:38 AM
Im pretty much trying to focus on residential at this point. I just dont have the equipment to do a commercial account justice.

Do you, or do you know anyone who is, turn down business due to size or time?

Really, I feel like if I can get 10-15 accounts, my business will build pretty quickly, because my service will be better. I have been in customer service and business management for 10+ years, its what I know and do.

I think any business will be successful, just by treating its customers right. Thats what I plan to do...

c2k

Desertdweller
05-30-2007, 11:03 AM
When I said property managemanet companies i meant ones that specialize in residential. Mainly rentals or homes for snow birds. We work with a couple firms that only do Res. I'm in the irrigation business so I don't know a lot of lawn guys but I'll keep my ears open.

hoskm01
07-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Hey Canopy, welcome. I am out in the Goodyear area and do mainly residential installs with a hint of maintenance. You may be the first Native American I have ever seen in the trade. How are things for you since you first posted here? Theyll get better, and definetly be the best, you are then better than 99% of the dorks around here.

hoskm01
07-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Lets hear from some of the others from Phoenix or AZ area. I know there are a few more on here.