PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Permagreen Synergy Sprayer Problem

LushGreenLawn
05-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Does anyone have the Synergy Sprayer? If so, have you run into a problem where the pump stops the Spreader Disk from turning? (I'm talking about the thing that throwes the fertilizer out, I don't know what its called).

If so what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Charles

Envy Lawn Service
05-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Call the number on your manual that will get you in touch with the people in Ohio.

Then get on over to tech support.
They should be able to help you out with that.

How much is that thing if you don't mind me asking?
I just saw them in the Lesco mag last week.

Did you get the spot sprayer or the other one?
The other one interests me...

LushGreenLawn
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
I got the one designed for blanket apps. I paid $350 for it, $350 for the lesco spreader. I just started fertilizing and weed control this year, and the granular weed control just wasen't cutting it. I only have around 15 lawns to fert and squirt, so it was not worth it to buy a spray rig. This should last me until I get enough customers to need somethng bigger

LushGreenLawn
05-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Also,

I contacted Ohio first, but the tech guy had just left, I figured I'd make the post just to see if I could get a quick answer.

indyturf
05-30-2007, 03:46 PM
check and make sure one of the cotter pins hasn't broke. there is 1 on the wheel through the axle and another pin through the spinner platter. they usually break at least once a year, more when the humidity is high!

bug-guy
05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
i work @lesco and put one on a spreader for display purposes.
i have worked in the service side for 20 yrs and have alot of knowledge on lesco spreaders.... that said the part that "throws the fert" is the impellar
here is the parts list for the spreader
http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/GetData.aspx?Type=ProdResource&ID=417&.pdf
might have to cut and paste
try to tell me more and i will do my best to help
what exactly is stopping the impellar from turning

LushGreenLawn
05-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. The thing that was stoping the impeller from turning was the pump on the synergy spreader I installed.

I got a call from Pat at permagreen, and he told me that the new lesco spreaders are slightly different than before. Not noticible if your not looking for it, but the frame is bent differently by a very small amount. He has been getting alot of calls like mine. Turns out the solution was to bend the bracket that the pump is mounted to with a pipe wrench, just enough to clear the impeller and make the drive wheel make contact with the spreader wheel. Problem solved, sprayer works great!

indyturf
05-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Great! those look like a great idea. too bad I bought the battery powered one last year. it works great too but now I want the new model.

Envy Lawn Service
05-31-2007, 01:07 AM
I got the one designed for blanket apps. I paid $350 for it, $350 for the lesco spreader. I just started fertilizing and weed control this year, and the granular weed control just wasen't cutting it. I only have around 15 lawns to fert and squirt, so it was not worth it to buy a spray rig. This should last me until I get enough customers to need somethng bigger

Sounds perfect!

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have the Ztwo spreader/sprayer rig myself.
But geeze ya know?... That's a lot of beans for an occasional use piece, and the trends are showing me the fert-N-squirt is in decline right now, so...

Anyways... how wide a swath do you get out of it?

causalitist
11-03-2008, 06:37 AM
i had to grind away a bunch of steel on its bracket to get mine to even fit.
its no where near the spinning disk that throws fert tho. just adgust it or move it.. the only thing that matters is that it touches the wheel.

shouldnt be a big deal...

PropServ
05-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Ok, so I installed my Synergy kit last night on my new'ish Lesco spreader. The kit is made up of really solid pieces and parts but I'm less than excited about how the whole thing went together. I can't figure out why the engineer wouldn't have squeezed another gallon into the tank. There is more than enough room and a gallon is only like 8lbs. I had the same problem with the upper hose-fitting interfering with the spreader disc spinning. What I did was open-up the two holes on the flange that the pump mounts to in order to rotate the pump forward. Dremel, low speed for stainless. That way the fitting moves forward and down. I would have liked to move the pump closer to the tire but it wasn't possible. When you pull the trigger to engage the wheel, the shaft rubs on the frame a little. It doesn't seem to hinder the performance but it certainly wasn't thought through by the engineer. Overall the pump to tire setup is kinda hokey but it does work. It sprays well and doesn't really take much effort. There ya have it!

alpine627
05-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I took the bracket that interferes with the pump shaft and crushed it in a vice to half the width, allows for clearance and my synergy works awesome. I to would like a ride on spreader but need more customers to justify. Especially on the 43k lawns, feels like I have run a marathon

PropServ
05-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I know how you feel, Alpine. I have been back-pack'n-it so far this year. I see weeds in my sleep! AND I GET EM! Haha. Anyway, my Reinders guy made mention that the newer (Chinese) Lesco spreaders are made a little different and thats why the thing fits funny. I still think the swinging bracket is hokey but it works. I actually took the cotter pin out and added another washer behind it so the pump wasn't wandering around as much. Its better. Whatever. Suggestions for design: A) Bigger tank, B)Run the pump off the wheel shaft continuously, add a bypass manifold that sends the pumped fluid back up to the tank when the trigger isn't pulled to send it to the nozzle. Agitation. I scoured the internet to find one of those pumps and I was not able. I think the FloTec took the motors off some of their regular units and sold them to PermaGreen. Everything that they make and catalog on the net is 12v motorized. And rather expensive.